Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus - FURTHER Falmer delay "inevitable"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Boring misleading thread title...

As usual, the Argus has got it TOTALLY WRONG. There is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

I know this for a FACT. Because I am a licker. And NSC relies on me to provide an appropriate reassurance whenever one is needed.

Is this OK, Dick? I'll get it posted on NSC as soon as I can, but I'm a bit busy this morning.

Sorry. That was a cut-and-paste job from an e-mail I sent earlier.

The message should have been:-

I know this for a FACT.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If you're so cock-sure of yourself and your insider knowledge, what exactly will you do if the diggers are in come December????

Eat a massive piece of humble pie!

But I won't be starving myself in anticipation!

Given that the chairman has said it won't be until the new year and that nothing has run anything close to being on the clubs timescales IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

How "cock-sure" are you that I am going to be wrong? What evidence do you have to prove me wrong?

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
We've waited this long another couple of hours is not an issue.

Actually the Argus could well actually end up running this given their editorial standards .............

Given that the chairman has said it won't be until the new year and that nothing has run anything close to being on the clubs timescales IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

How "cock-sure" are you that I am going to be wrong? What evidence do you have to prove me wrong?

Here we go again...

Arthur says 'it won't happen, provide proof that it will'

Everyone else says 'we're sticking to the official line, it's you who's challenging it, the burden of proof is on you'

Arther summarily fails to provide any proof or evidence. Everyone tries to argue their side anyway. bhadeb comes in and says its all DKs fault. then it gets to 5:30, we all go home and relax, ready to recommence the argument tomorrow.

FWIW, 7 pages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I know this for a FACT.

I tend to agree Lord B.
The buffoon who wrote that article didn't even add the minutes up correctly. I mean what kind of idiots are they employing there ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Or if it was the BBC they would have continued their current trend of saying something like....

' and that's enough minutes to fill three olympic size swimming pools'

good work Easy

Excuse me, you forgot to show photos of 3 Olympic size swimming pools :rolleyes:

Olympic-Pool-24519.jpg
Nam_1.jpg
sports_swim_pool.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think that, unless it is delayed until next year or later, building will start this year. Possibly.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Or if it was the BBC they would have continued their current trend of saying something like....

' and that's enough minutes to fill three olympic size swimming pools'

good work Easy

As a BBC employee, I can confirm that the official BBC measurement of EVERYTHING is "the size of Wales". in this case, 90 minutes is five-eighths, or 62.5 per cent, of Wales. So imagine a line drawn from roughly Pwhelli to Wrexham, and it's everywhere below that. THAT is how much Falmer will be delayed by, and I think you'll agree that's MASSIVE.

MACKAY OUT!

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Here we go again...

Arthur says 'it won't happen, provide proof that it will'

Everyone else says 'we're sticking to the official line, it's you who's challenging it, the burden of proof is on you'

Arther summarily fails to provide any proof or evidence. Everyone tries to argue their side anyway. bhadeb comes in and says its all DKs fault. then it gets to 5:30, we all go home and relax, ready to recommence the argument tomorrow.

FWIW, 7 pages.

Given that the project has been one disaster after up to now I find it hard to believe anyone still believes anything that Martin Perry says especially when he and chairman can't get their story straight on when they hope work to start.

Stick to the official line if you like, but you'll only end up disappointed or continually making excuses like "it's only another month/year/decade to wait before it's built, in the grand scale of things it's nothing".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here