Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus does superb peice

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
about students parking around Falmer Pond and Eric Hexlay( or whatever his name is) moaning that when Albion play there it will be much worse.

I sence an air of desparation.

Good old Argus
KTF

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have said it before and I will say it again. IF FALMER IS REJECTED THE ARGUS WILL HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN THIS AND IN DESTROYING THE CLUB.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, no, no. Read the article first.

It was a very good piece about Falmer with plenty of space given over to Paul Samrah and Martin Perry. It was stating how much easier it is to control parking at Falmer because there is only one entrance in and out of the village. Stick a couple of stewards there - and problem solved.

The Falmer resident was actually slagging off the students of Sussex University for parking there, thyen stating that it would be worse on match day. Samrah said it would be better, and even suggested that the residents would want that sort of parking control every day! Ha. Quality response :clap:

They put in the Falmer resident's comments in to show them up for what they are. Thick.

The Argus editorial column then went on to say how much better parking would be at Falmer on match days, backing up Paul Samrah.

Last edited:

The point is that Falmer village DOES have a problem with excessive parking. It is caused by the Universities.

They do have a solution, though. With the support of Falmer Parish Council, East Sussex County Council is about to introduce a Residents Parking Scheme, which will solve the problem. Sussex University have already agreed to make a big payment to get the scheme started. And Brighton University are being chased for money as well.

When this scheme is in place, it will ensure that draconian enforcement can be introduced - fines for transgressors, backed up by tow-away.

Combined with the controls that the Albion will impose upon supporters, the result should be ... no parking problems at all in the village once the Stadium is built.

Unlike Withdean, it will be completely impossible for any football supporters to park legally on any public street within a mile of the stadium. How this will "make things worse" for Falmer villagers is a mystery to me.

Look - whatever this piece says (and I haven't seen it), and whatever you think of the Argus (and I am no fan myself), you cannot complain when it represents the views of other locals, and other readers, which do not to chime with yours. The Argus is under no obligation whatsoever to present only pro-Falmer views, and complaining about it presenting the views of anti-Falmer campaigners (when it has often printed the views of pro-Falmer campaigners) makes us look petty and unwilling to consider the views of the community as a whole. We look scared when you do that - we have no reason to be - the best decision, and the decision supported by the majority, is the decision we want. We should have confidence in that, and happily and calmly correct the misrepresentations and errors in the anti-Falmer position. And not complain about the local paper printing them as if these people have no right to an opnion and no right to have it heard.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was making the point that IT WAS A GOOD ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fatbadger said:
Look - whatever this piece says (and I haven't seen it), and whatever you think of the Argus (and I am no fan myself), you cannot complain when it represents the views of other locals, and other readers, which do not to chime with yours. The Argus is under no obligation whatsoever to present only pro-Falmer views, and complaining about it presenting the views of anti-Falmer campaigners (when it has often printed the views of pro-Falmer campaigners) makes us look petty and unwilling to consider the views of the community as a whole. We look scared when you do that - we have no reason to be - the best decision, and the decision supported by the majority, is the decision we want. We should have confidence in that, and happily and calmly correct the misrepresentations and errors in the anti-Falmer position. And not complain about the local paper printing them as if these people have no right to an opnion and no right to have it heard.
Agree 100% with that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
I was making the point that IT WAS A GOOD ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Most people realised that.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fatbadger you are course 100% correct. However it IS hard not to get irate when you see virulently anti-Falmer stories (not letters) masquerading as 'News' items.

However I must stress that is definitely NOT the case in this instance. Even the most anti-Argus, anti-Naylor poster on this board will have to give them a bit of grudging praise.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was making a point that the Arsegas is a waste of good paper ! :lolol:

parking and local restrictions is a strange subject . . . .I've lived in neighbourhoods where people complain for parking outside their house . . .my opinion is, 'its a public road, I'm taxed and insured and have every right to be here, f*** off you nimby c*nt !' although I'm not always that diplomatic :lol:

dave the gaffer said:

:lolol: I honestly thought you were taking the piss!

Just shows you I'm getting a bit kneejerk about all this Argus stuff. :dunce:

why don;'t we offer to build a nice big wall right around Falmer village, like the Israelis are doing, then they can live in their little enclave without actuall interfacing with the rest of the human race

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Storer68 said:
why don;'t we offer to build a nice big wall right around Falmer village, like the Israelis are doing, then they can live in their little enclave without actuall interfacing with the rest of the human race

It would have to be two walls. One on either side of the f***ing great motorway that ploughs through the middle of it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
yes but falmer parish council obviously have'nt realised that the
road is there yet or the fact that they are now annexed to the
next door neighbour called sussex uni.
They could call themselves sussex uni village and another thing
does the local landlord complain about the uni students in his
in his pub like ho moans about us footy supporters.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I gota but the Arsegas today for the jobs section so at least it'll have other content to keep me entertained with!

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
zefarelly said:
I was making a point that the Arsegas is a waste of good paper ! :lolol:

parking and local restrictions is a strange subject . . . .I've lived in neighbourhoods where people complain for parking outside their house . . .my opinion is, 'its a public road, I'm taxed and insured and have every right to be here, f*** off you nimby c*nt !' although I'm not always that diplomatic :lol:

When your in a hole - stop digging.!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here