Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus complain to Falmer PC

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If Falmer Parish Council decide to appeal this time around, it will be nothing short of scandalous. In that event, I would have to agree with Nemesis, and make no attempt to 'build bridges'.

If they decide not to appeal, and the process of building the stadium finally goes ahead from this September, I would be inclined to at least listen to their requests.

If they do appeal now, it will be a very long time before I will forgive them. I am not a vindictive person at all, but I can be stubborn, and I suspect that this would tip many more folks over to the "sod the bridges" side of the coin.

This is a very serious decision for FPC. If they appeal, they stand to lose most, if not all, potential good will. They WILL lose EVENTUALLY, and Brighton supporters will NEVER just disappear, and will never FORGET.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would hope the club do attempt to build bridges with the local residents. It is important to address their concerns as they can still make life very difficult for us, post-construction. That is what is important here!

I am just trying to see things from their perspective. Many 1,000s of people would do and have done the same if a development was planned on their doorstep.

The stadium will have been built and it will be time to put everything behind us. Being magnanimous in victory would be far more satisfying.

f*** 'em we can make life difficult for them as well. You'd have to be a trainee myopic thick nimby to sympathise with them in any way after they have explored EVERY avenue to kill this club. You build bridges, I hope all their worst fears come true at some stage, it's called karma and is exactly what they deserve. If they had backed down on the back of the latest Falmer Yes I may have felt differently. The club will inevitably build bridges but I hope they are vicious and hard in any negotiotions with these twats and give away NOTHING in negotiations where the club will hold the whip hand.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets be clear, the ONLY objective of FPC is to drive the club out of existance and to Bankrupt the club, the longer they can cause delays the more likely this is to happen, them appealing to the High Courts will cause 1 may 2 years delay, the club lost over £ 1 000 000 last year so the delays are having a massive impact of the clubs finances, if they can delay things by 5 years they could in theory bankrupt the club, this is the exact agenda they would have looked at and if they can raise the money they will appeal and for that they should be publically hounded and derided for the rest of their lives, they need to be aware of the strength of feeling and the implication of their actions

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If they had not been so conniving and vindictive I might have agreed with you. Because of their actions I (and thousands like me) have had to endure at least three years at Withdean that we shouldn't have had to. How many years of trying to kill off the club? More than three years of wasting millions that could have been invested in the playing side instead of paying lawyers and consultants to fight their actions.

You build as many bridges as you like-I'll watch from afar. These are people with whom bridge building is impossible. Ask them if they are looking to build bridges....they never will.

I neglected to mention that if they were to appeal then there is absolutely no hope, as Mr Wanderer mentioned above.

Believe me, I am never ever going to forgive them for what they have done to the club, but I was focusing on the fact that they are still able to make life difficult for us, even when the stadium is built. I would imagine than the conditions applied to the planning permission will cover everything, so I guess we won't have to build bridges personally. I fear there is far more to be lost if we do not engage with the village and ignore them completely.

I may be coming across as too reasonable, but that is just my take on the matter. The future of the club is far more important than the past.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You only have to look at the grief we've had from that idiot who complained that the away stand would "tower over" his garden at Withdean to realise that these people can continue to be a thorn in our sides for many years to come.

Personally, I'd like to be able to say "sod 'em", but the reality is that we can't take that attitude, no matter how hard a pill that is to swallow. We have to give them a voice and listen to their concerns. Some of them may actually be valid!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You only have to look at the grief we've had from that idiot who complained that the away stand would "tower over" his garden at Withdean to realise that these people can continue to be a thorn in our sides for many years to come.

Personally, I'd like to be able to say "sod 'em", but the reality is that we can't take that attitude, no matter how hard a pill that is to swallow. We have to give them a voice and listen to their concerns. Some of them may actually be valid!

Trying to build bridges with Catt was a waste of time and energy. The antis of Falmer will be no different so why even give them hope by talking to them? The club should do everything via solicitors and make every little objection or complaint cost the nimbys as much as it costs the club. Revenge is a dish best served cold is a perfect cliche in this instance imo.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Look at the picture of Cuntrest in The Argus today....that face is the face of a dried up hag who is more likely to force FPC to appeal rather than back-down with some dignity. Factor in the 'girlfriend' of a thug who beats up photographers plus the hairiest beavered witch in Sussex in full support-I think they are stubborn enough to go ahead-regardless of what they will be told it will likely cost.

I hope I am totally wrong.

Build bridges? Bollocks to them.
Absolutely 100% spot on totally agree nail on head top top post Mr Nemesis, sir. This is class war now and the elitist Tory scum must be defeated.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolutely 100% spot on totally agree nail on head top top post Mr Nemesis, sir. This is class war now and the elitist Tory scum must be defeated.

Tory?

Brighton Tories, Lewes Tories, Tories like me all support the stadium. Kindly leave the marxist rhetoric off here please, Mr Bolshie.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
It is important to address their concerns as they can still make life very difficult for us, post-construction.

how so? once its built theres bugger all they can do other than hold a few banners up outside the ground!

LDC made it clear they still hate the idea of the stadium, hence the "Hotel" claims last week and their resignation letter which was just pathetic. FPC are stringing it out for as long as they can, they wont accept defeat and they wont be willing to sit down and look to the future....as far as I'm concerned this is the bridge I'm thinking of:

tac11.gif

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
how so? once its built theres bugger all they can do other than hold a few banners up outside the ground!

I am sure there are a number of things they could do if an ombudsman was called upon. Rowdy behaviour would certainly not go unnoticed by them and could affect the alcohol license and amount of police (thus costing the club lost revenue and increasing expenditure). Didn't Darlington face problems from the local population a while ago and there were threats to the ultimate use of the stadium? ???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I am sure there are a number of things they could do if an ombudsman was called upon. Rowdy behaviour would certainly not go unnoticed by them and could affect the alcohol license and amount of police (thus costing the club lost revenue and increasing expenditure). Didn't Darlington face problems from the local population a while ago and there were threats to the ultimate use of the stadium? ???

aahh yeah did'nt think of all that! Needless to say if they dont appeal then they will fight anything else once its built...again in that respect whats the point of even talking to them? f*** 'em I say!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Let's see if Septicman takes up my offer of a visit to Withdean*....

I must admit I'm curious as to what he looks like.

[*as posted on the comments bit of the Argus article]

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I've tried. I've really tried. There was one poster, Steve, who complained that we were all thugs. I offered to sit with him and his family in the family stands with my kids and I'd refund his money if he didn't like it.

No response. Not sure they want to meet us half way you know.

Spot on Buzzer. I saw you're post and I don't think anyone could have made a more genuine and generous offer (could I take you up on it?). But the response was predictable.
I don't think they see any need to understand our point of view because we are working class football hooligans and they just don't like us as a species.

2 or 3 years after the stadium is up and running, they will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Yoda

English & European
Lets be clear, the ONLY objective of FPC is to drive the club out of existance and to Bankrupt the club, the longer they can cause delays the more likely this is to happen, them appealing to the High Courts will cause 1 may 2 years delay, the club lost over £ 1 000 000 last year so the delays are having a massive impact of the clubs finances, if they can delay things by 5 years they could in theory bankrupt the club, this is the exact agenda they would have looked at and if they can raise the money they will appeal and for that they should be publically hounded and derided for the rest of their lives, they need to be aware of the strength of feeling and the implication of their actions

But isn't there a new law that can stop them doing just that? I'm sure I've heard from somewhere if they can be seen to be appealing just in hope to bankrupt the opposition (us) then it can get thrown out of court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here