Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus complain to Falmer PC

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the main thing they need to realise is if they do appeal, then subsequently lose, they have to pay the costs...which will be huge no doubt!

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
the main thing they need to realise is if they do appeal, then subsequently lose, they have to pay the costs...which will be huge no doubt!

Then let's do a deal with them. They choose not to appeal but give half of what they would have lost to the Albion towards the cost of the new ground. That way they save half of what they would lose. Everyone's a winner! :dunce:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But they probably haven't even got half of it.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I can be a vindictive bastard when the situation requires, as can most people and if I was FPC I would be waiting my most powerfull opportunity to wreck the party.

They have been playing mind games with us for years and if you all remember, it wasn't long ago that the stronger among the NSC stalwarts were encouraging the flaggers to keep the faith.

They would have seen that. They know we can't go on and on and that was the reason for their despicable attempt back in May to get the whole thing started again and break the supporters hope of ever getting a new ground. No fans, no club, they win.

For their mind games to have maximum effect, they need us to think victory is in our grasp, then snatch it away.
LDC could still come in and say that they have just noticed something and an appeal will be launched. How low will our collective heads drop then, another 2 year inquiry?

Well, as I said, I can be a nasty bastard if the situation requires and, if I was them, thats what i'd do.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I can be a vindictive bastard when the situation requires, as can most people and if I was FPC I would be waiting my most powerfull opportunity to wreck the party.

They have been playing mind games with us for years and if you all remember, it wasn't long ago that the stronger among the NSC stalwarts were encouraging the flaggers to keep the faith.

They would have seen that. They know we can't go on and on and that was the reason for their despicable attempt back in May to get the whole thing started again and break the supporters hope of ever getting a new ground. No fans, no club, they win.

For their mind games to have maximum effect, they need us to think victory is in our grasp, then snatch it away.
LDC could still come in and say that they have just noticed something and an appeal will be launched. How low will our collective heads drop then, another 2 year inquiry?

Well, as I said, I can be a nasty bastard if the situation requires and, if I was them, thats what i'd do.

The main difference this time is that there is no error in the letter. So the only avenue that they have is a judicial review. That is a completely different ball game. If they lose they pay, not just their costs but the cost of the government. Though they may know a man who will do it on the cheap, the government will be using the top barristers in the country. It is one thing to want to appeal but another to have someone with the money throw away.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Though they may know a man who will do it on the cheap, the government will be using the top barristers in the country.

I think I have found their man;

250px-LionelHutz.jpg

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
The main difference this time is that there is no error in the letter. So the only avenue that they have is a judicial review. That is a completely different ball game. If they lose they pay, not just their costs but the cost of the government. Though they may know a man who will do it on the cheap, the government will be using the top barristers in the country. It is one thing to want to appeal but another to have someone with the money throw away.

I bloody hope so Peter old son.
:bowdown: I was at Hereford when you scored your first goal ya know :bowdown:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
On what grounds will they appeal though? They can't just appeal for the sake of it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think they will appeal. They need to find a legal flaw to ask for a judicial review and it will cost them a lot of money just to give their opinion that they don't like the decision. It will cause a delay but the Albion have been careful with money and we aren't going bust.

They will hold out until the very last minute and my personal view is that they won't release their decision but let the government tell us that there hasn't been an appeal. So we won't know until the middle of September.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They will fold, there really can't be anything to appeal against but they are so mean spirited and insular that they will leave it to the 11th hour because they can. Funding an appeal would also be a problem even if they could rake up a reason.

Anyone who recommends building bridges with these C,unts once they have backed down must have the patience of a saint. they deserve to be terrorised every other Saturday by low life football fans, after all they expect it, so why disappoint them

Look at the picture of Cuntrest in The Argus today....that face is the face of a dried up hag who is more likely to force FPC to appeal rather than back-down with some dignity. Factor in the 'girlfriend' of a thug who beats up photographers plus the hairiest beavered witch in Sussex in full support-I think they are stubborn enough to go ahead-regardless of what they will be told it will likely cost.

I hope I am totally wrong.

Build bridges? Bollocks to them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anyone who recommends building bridges with these C,unts once they have backed down must have the patience of a saint. they deserve to be terrorised every other Saturday by low life football fans, after all they expect it, so why disappoint them

I would hope the club do attempt to build bridges with the local residents. It is important to address their concerns as they can still make life very difficult for us, post-construction. That is what is important here!

I am just trying to see things from their perspective. Many 1,000s of people would do and have done the same if a development was planned on their doorstep.

The stadium will have been built and it will be time to put everything behind us. Being magnanimous in victory would be far more satisfying.

I would hope the club do attempt to build bridges with the local residents. It is important to address their concerns as they can still make life very difficult for us, post-construction. That is what is important here!

I am just trying to see things from their perspective. Many 1,000s of people would do and have done the same if a development was planned on their doorstep.

The stadium will have been built and it will be time to put everything behind us. Being magnanimous in victory would be far more satisfying.

If they had not been so conniving and vindictive I might have agreed with you. Because of their actions I (and thousands like me) have had to endure at least three years at Withdean that we shouldn't have had to. How many years of trying to kill off the club? More than three years of wasting millions that could have been invested in the playing side instead of paying lawyers and consultants to fight their actions.

You build as many bridges as you like-I'll watch from afar. These are people with whom bridge building is impossible. Ask them if they are looking to build bridges....they never will.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've tried. I've really tried. There was one poster, Steve, who complained that we were all thugs. I offered to sit with him and his family in the family stands with my kids and I'd refund his money if he didn't like it.

No response. Not sure they want to meet us half way you know.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If they had not been so conniving and vindictive I might have agreed with you.

You build as many bridges as you like-I'll watch from afar. These are people with whom bridge building is impossible. Ask them if they are looking to build bridges....they never will.

Even to those whose natural instinct IS to build bridges, you've nailed the problem. They don't deserve it, and wouldn't have helped us with a quest for a new site had the decision gone their way.

They don't give a shit about the tradition and important place in the community of the football club, and that has lost them virtually every shred of compassion from even the more reasonable among us fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here