Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus and Naylor are WINNERS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Honest

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1780600.0.the_argus_wins_prestigious_awards.php

And Andy Naylor has been named Sports Journalist of the Year for London and the South of England. I feel he would perhaps acknowledge the small part NSC played in him achieving this prestigeous award, being as half his stories seem to originate from these hallowed pages. I would also like to think the prolongued abuse and rich variety of derogatory remarks on here have served to keep him on his toes and helped drive him towards the achievements he is now so rightly being recognised for.

Well done everyone :)

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well done ANDY - i think you are a superb journalist

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well done to Naylor.I enjoy what he writes :drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
congratulations Andy...very prestigious award, to be voted by your peers...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually like what andy writes.

IMHO he has a very good style, he asks questions which most people wants answers to and I do tend to agree with his points.

OK maybe people think he is/was too close to Mcghee, but so what...he has to make contacts and if he is not close to the people that matter then he will have to make an opinion...I would rather him get things from the horses mouth than not.

Just an opinion

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm not a big cricket fan but from what I've read of Bruce Talbot's stuff it's better Naylors.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well done Andy Naylor and a good to see big V sign to all those Happy Clappy sheep who like to go apeshit everytime he dares criticise the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I actually like what andy writes.

IMHO he has a very good style, he asks questions which most people wants answers to and I do tend to agree with his points.

OK maybe people think he is/was too close to Mcghee, but so what...he has to make contacts and if he is not close to the people that matter then he will have to make an opinion...I would rather him get things from the horses mouth than not.

Just an opinion

An opinion that I share.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not in the least surprised by this, just as the hysteria on here over some of his efforts is no longer a shock.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote this on one of the various Naylor turkey shoots:

"Naylor is also a much better journalist than many local papers get, and it is not his job to act as a second press officer. A decent local football hack probably should be pissing off the club at least a couple of times a month with what he or she digs up."

What this award shows beyond any doubt is that many of those criticising him haven't got a scooby about what constitutes good journalism and their opinions need to continue to be taken with a huge dose of salt. If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not in the least surprised by this, just as the hysteria on here over some of his efforts is no longer a shock.

"Naylor is also a much better journalist than many local papers get, and it is not his job to act as a second press officer. A decent local football hack probably should be pissing off the club at least a couple of times a month with what he or she digs up."

What this award shows beyond any doubt is that many of those criticising him haven't got a scooby about what constitutes good journalism and their opinions need to continue to be taken with a huge dose of salt. If you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah the Argus website has won as well. A huge pat on the back to Sue from Hove for her outlandish look on life, Roger Tilbury who doesn't like his car journeys interrupted and Mr Septicman for providing so many half-truths and skullduggery.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Andy Naylor's a very good journalist IMHO. Can't be easy churning out endless thousands of words about the Albion when there's nothing much happening. And his match reports are pretty much spot-on.

Nice one :clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Agree entirely. I've always rated him and had to defend him several times on NSC. A cut above the average local paper sports hack.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've always had a very high regard for Andy and believe him to be the finest journalist to be currently nobbing Mark McGhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here