Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aren't CO-INCIDENCES weird?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was sitting at home the other night listening to some vinyl, when I decided to put on a Rush LP...

Took one off the shelf, popped it on the turntable and glanced at the clock on my VCR, to see the time of...

21.12 :eek:

As a late mate used to say, 'Wouldn't life be strange WITHOUT co-incidences...'

Any notable occurences out in NSC land pray tell?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Co-incidentally I think Rush are shit too.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
The one time I had to listen to Rush, I too kept looking at the clock.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I tried Rush poppers once.

I was sitting at home the other night listening to some vinyl, when I decided to put on a Rush LP...

Took one off the shelf, popped it on the turntable and glanced at the clock on my VCR, to see the time of...

I'm sure people around the world are putting on "Rush" (whoever they are) every minute of every evening, so somebody is bound to spot some tenuous connection with the time/what's on TV/what someone is reading etc at the same time.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I once thought I was being served at a supermarket checkout by the Anti-Christ...and my bill came to £6.66.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

are you stuck in 1979

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had my ipod on shuffle last night and the first song to come up was "Are Friends Electric" with Gary Numan's first words being "It's cold outside". Never guess what, I popped out into the back garden and it was bloody freezing.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
are you stuck in 1979

Deffo, with a late 80's, early 90's tinge

What I would give for Alex Lifeson's barnet...

Let's rock :guitar:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPuOGaoDeIE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPuOGaoDeIE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

My god that's weird. I also have a clock.

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
(Quote )What I would give for Alex Lifeson's barnet...

Not so sure about that but ,Just glad i have not got Geddy Lee's nose

They are still a quality live band (not everyone's cup of earl grey ) and i for one hope to have tickets when they decide to get off their lazy Canadian bottoms and tour our shores again .

Lets hope it's not in 2112 or we will all Roll the Bones .Here's hopeing for no more fly by night coments to upset the working man

By the most bizarre coincidence I was reading this thread when I realised that the first time I saw Rush live was, and you will never believe this, at the BRIGHTON centre.

...And they sounded just like they do on the albums, so I could have stayed at home.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was reading the line "I read it in a magazine" in a book once and was listening to an elton john album. At the exact moment I read that line, elton sang it (bennie and the jets). It was like elton was reading to me.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Your not gonna believe this but after reading this thread I decided to look at the titanic thread and the first date I saw on the tickets is my bothers birthday and the second date, the one with the dog is the date of my birthday.
I promise I'm not making this up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm sure people around the world are putting on "Rush" (whoever they are) every minute of every evening, so somebody is bound to spot some tenuous connection with the time/what's on TV/what someone is reading etc at the same time.

You've missed the point of the co-incidence slightly, Rush have an album called 2112.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here