Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you watching Glenn Murray

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I don't imagine he cares. He sold himself to the highest bidder. Didnt matter about anything else.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
If what is being banded about by NSC regarding the amounts Brighton are willing to pay on new players, Glen Murray must now realise that the club were not particularly worried whether he signed a new contract or not.

So much for a public school education.

Banded = bandied
Glen = Glenn

5 out of 10 boy.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Does anyone else think Murray wanted to stay but we couldn't meet his wage demands? Why would anyone choose to go to Palace?

Apr 14, 2011
I'm sure Murray is enjoying a nice holiday and looking forward to kissing the badge in front of you clowns in legoland, in your very brief sojourn to a league thats above your natural level.

Never mind, there's always Crawley the year after, when Murray will once again face Bennett in the premier league.

Small time club with a flat pack stadium 7000 muppets and 11000 Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU fans...... and your 2 best players jump. HaHaHaHa

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To be honest i never really rated him or warmed to him as players always one who was out for what he could get

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
Does anyone else think Murray wanted to stay but we couldn't meet his wage demands? Why would anyone choose to go to Palace?

Look where Palace have been for the last 20 years. A new ground doesn't mean that the tables are reversed - just a good start. All these supposed big signings and the only one (to date) is a Bristol Rovers striker.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I like reading the stories on NSC, but in terms of transfers and level of accuracy, most of them are fictional and cases of wishful thinking.

Apr 14, 2011
Look where Palace have been for the last 20 years. A new ground doesn't mean that the tables are reversed - just a good start. All these supposed big signings and the only one (to date) is a Bristol Rovers striker.

Exactly, never out of top 2 divisions and with occasional flirtations with premier league. We are the same As Brighton only 1 division better, than your natural shitty league 1 club with occasional flirtation with championship.

Glenn Murray is ambitious and he jumped ship to a far superior club with better pedigree and much better prospects.

Only your deluded stupid fans fail to see you are a stepping stone club where the shit stays and all good players leg it.

You may have a new ground and money, wooopety doo dah but players see you as the rest of the football world see you.... a tinpot club with some nice new furniture.

You have never and will never be a better proposition than CPFC.

Exactly, never out of top 2 divisions and with occasional flirtations with premier league. We are the same As Brighton only 1 division better, than your natural shitty league 1 club with occasional flirtation with championship.

Glenn Murray is ambitious and he jumped ship to a far superior club with better pedigree and much better prospects.

Only your deluded stupid fans fail to see you are a stepping stone club where the shit stays and all good players leg it.

You may have a new ground and money, wooopety doo dah but players see you as the rest of the football world see you.... a tinpot club with some nice new furniture.

You have never and will never be a better proposition than CPFC.

SEMI accurate. The past is the past but looking ahead it's amazing what a bit of 'nice new furniture' can achieve - just look at Bolton, Wigan and Reading.

I'm not interested in the Murray argument. He's gone and he'll have his reasons (as we did for not matching his demands). But to say that we will never be a better proposition than Palace is simply not true.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Palace offered him £20k apparently. Our wage cap is £10k this season. We offered Glenn £10k, Palace said they'd double it. He went.

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
Palace offered him £20k apparently. Our wage cap is £10k this season. We offered Glenn £10k, Palace said they'd double it. He went.

Palace are supposedly only paying £10k per week - Gus (Tony) wouldn't go above 8k. But Murray would have got a signing on bonus with Palace as well.

Hoskins cost £500k on a 2 year deal. Wages (say) £6k per week. Over 2 years it equals over £10k per week. It would have been as cheap to pay Murray £10k. If the wages are more than £6k, then it certainly doesn't make sense to me.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011

This is just not true. A lot of my friends are Palace fans, and they have a wage cap too. Their highest earner gets £12k per week, and Murray isn't their highest earner.

It just makes us look stupid when people guess facts.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Palace are supposedly only paying £10k per week - Gus (Tony) wouldn't go above 8k. But Murray would have got a signing on bonus with Palace as well.

Hoskins cost £500k on a 2 year deal. Wages (say) £6k per week. Over 2 years it equals over £10k per week. It would have been as cheap to pay Murray £10k. If the wages are more than £6k, then it certainly doesn't make sense to me.

I'll try and explain this s l o w l y

Gus rates Hoskins as better than Murray

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
I'll try and explain this s l o w l y

Gus rates Hoskins as better than Murray

Tell me you honestly think that!

If Murray had re-signed, you would have been wetting your pants and saying that he was going to set the Championship alight. Because he didn't, he is not even good enough for the Conference.

You need to wake up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm sure Murray is enjoying a nice holiday and looking forward to kissing the badge in front of you clowns in legoland, in your very brief sojourn to a league thats above your natural level.

Never mind, there's always Crawley the year after, when Murray will once again face Bennett in the premier league.

Small time club with a flat pack stadium 7000 muppets and 11000 Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU fans...... and your 2 best players jump. HaHaHaHa

My Seaweed would eat your Eagle from the insides out

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

We wouldn't meet his over inflated wage demands for an unproven striker at Championship level you mean, especially when we believe that we can get proven (and hopefully better) strikers in for the same wage that he wanted - we basically saw it as better value to invest our money elsewhere than meet Murray's demands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here