Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you the type of DRIVER that...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
another good tip to piss off tailgaters is thus:

If on a dual carriage way you have one up your arse, as he moves to the INSIDE lane to under pass you (illegal I think) speed up and block him in so he's stuck by the car slower car in front of him, you cruise alongside said slower car and LAUGH at the fucker, then as someone else comes up behind you speed up again meaning the original tailgater is stuck in the slow lane....works a TREAT!
yes!

and on single carriageways aswell. go slowly, then when they go onto the other side of the road to overtake you, you speed up, and then they have no choice but to go behind you again. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Blimey, if you lot get overtaken on single carriageway i can assure you that you drive too bloody slow in the first place. SIMPLES.

I will never tailgate anyone who drives at the speed limit and aims to get places by getting to said speed limit as quick as possible. I've got to be honest though, i very rarely see instances of tailgating by people who are just shit drivers trying to go too fast, almost always its because the person being gated is driving below the speed limit or is blocking the outside or middle lane on a dual carriageway

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
yes!

and on single carriageways aswell. go slowly, then when they go onto the other side of the road to overtake you, you speed up, and then they have no choice but to go behind you again. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

If you're sitting behind someone in the fast lane and can not go any quicker yourself then fair enough, the person undertaking is being a twat. If you're just too lazy to move over and let them past then you're the dangerous one

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blimey, if you lot get overtaken on single carriageway i can assure you that you drive too bloody slow in the first place. SIMPLES.

I disagree completely, there will always be people who think they are in total control of a car when driving in excess of the speed limit and paying no attention to road conditions, the environment they are driving in or their own capabilities as a driver. Many of those people never actually crash themselves, which is often nothing short of a miracle, however when they do the consequences can be catastrophic and it is rarely just them who it affects.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't normally tailgate but there are two exceptions

1. People in the outside lane of motorways who will not pull in when there are huge spaces

2. People who drive down woodland drive in their 4x4s and then insist on taking each speed bump at under 5mph - It's a f*****g 4X4 you TOSSER - it's meant to go over bumps :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I tend to slow right down when I'm being tail gated, then accelerate as he (which it always is) 'tries' to overtake me. When he does go past I usually smile (and give a one fingered salute if the situation requires it).

The exact same method employed by a German tourist in Thailand last week-unfortunately, the local on the receiving end didn't like it so he shot the German. Dead!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
double post

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Speed limits are there for a reason, strangely enough.

To keep poorly skilled drivers safer?:p

Look at the frghtening death/ injury statistics and you know I'm right...

The figures that show injuries and fatalities have not fallen in 30 plus years, even though our car ownership figures have trebled? Our accident figures are lower than most of Europe when compared on a like for like basis.

Now here is a controversial point. This is not a racist comment, just an observation!

You are on a dual carriageway or motorway, on a clear bright sunny day, mid afternoon perhaps. As you drive at the speed limit plus ten per cent maybe, you come across some heavy traffic which is closely bunched and has slowed to perhaps 50 mph. It seems rather odd as for the last 5 or 10 miles there have been no hold ups and the traffic very light, and you can see past this group of vehicles to observe that past this hold up the road is clear again. You join the back of the bunch who are all trying to move to the outside lane to get past a Rover/Honda/Volvo in the inside lane which is travelling at around 45mph. Once it is your turn to pass this vehicle you momentarily look to your left just to confirm that it is the expected pensioner whose slow reactions/myopia have led to this bunching of traffic. Now here comes the controversial bit in some peoples eyes. Around fifty per cent of the time it seems the driver is of African/Afro-Carribean/Asian origin. Now considering that locally (Sussex) these groups only make up, at a guess, fifteen per cent of the population, are they disproportionately represented in the slow/bad driver stakes?

Is it only me that has noticed this?

I drive within the capability of my vehicle and its' handling, and with thought to the wear and tear on it - as well as the legal requirements on the road.

Occasionally there's some twat who thinks my road handling is a challenge - usually for something like a porsche or bmw, or one of those squatty things with ground effects (often driven by aging chavs, for some odd reason).
The other night I had a porsche hug my bumper, then he got left behind on corners (? thought they were supposed to be good for cornering?), until we were on a straight-way where he overtook like he was desperate. Then - he slowed back to the same speed and stayed a few lengths ahead! No intent to go anywhere fast, he just needed to overtake me. :wanker:

Within a couple of hundred yards I was turning off anyway, so I hope he was swelled with a sense of achievement!

Incidentally, I drive an aging estate car with an 1800 engine. It must feel worth overtaking by a sports' car! :laugh:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
another good tip to piss off tailgaters is thus:

If on a dual carriage way you have one up your arse, as he moves to the INSIDE lane to under pass you (illegal I think) speed up and block him in so he's stuck by the car slower car in front of him, you cruise alongside said slower car and LAUGH at the fucker, then as someone else comes up behind you speed up again meaning the original tailgater is stuck in the slow lane....works a TREAT!

Until he blocks you off down the road miles later and shoots you....:clap2:

I don't normally tailgate but there are two exceptions

1. People in the outside lane of motorways who will not pull in when there are huge spaces

2. People who drive down woodland drive in their 4x4s and then insist on taking each speed bump at under 5mph - It's a f*****g 4X4 you TOSSER - it's meant to go over bumps :angry:

Yes! Why is it these 4x4s slow down for bumps??
They're owners are often wealthy housewives who only use the things to haul their shopping, or some old-ager making sure he's at least behind the wheel of something built like a tank.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
To keep poorly skilled drivers safer?:p

The figures that show injuries and fatalities have not fallen in 30 plus years, even though our car ownership figures have trebled? Our accident figures are lower than most of Europe when compared on a like for like basis.

Now here is a controversial point. This is not a racist comment, just an observation!

You are on a dual carriageway or motorway, on a clear bright sunny day, mid afternoon perhaps. As you drive at the speed limit plus ten per cent maybe, you come across some heavy traffic which is closely bunched and has slowed to perhaps 50 mph. It seems rather odd as for the last 5 or 10 miles there have been no hold ups and the traffic very light, and you can see past this group of vehicles to observe that past this hold up the road is clear again. You join the back of the bunch who are all trying to move to the outside lane to get past a Rover/Honda/Volvo in the inside lane which is travelling at around 45mph. Once it is your turn to pass this vehicle you momentarily look to your left just to confirm that it is the expected pensioner whose slow reactions/myopia have led to this bunching of traffic. Now here comes the controversial bit in some peoples eyes. Around fifty per cent of the time it seems the driver is of African/Afro-Carribean/Asian origin. Now considering that locally (Sussex) these groups only make up, at a guess, fifteen per cent of the population, are they disproportionately represented in the slow/bad driver stakes?

Is it only me that has noticed this?

Maybe they have a reason to want to live....most of the maniac drivers i ever knew were potential suicide-merchants.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I hardly so any single lane country roads or motorway driving at the moment, but whenever I do I'm using spot on the speed limit. Its the law and its there for a reason whether my car or my capabilities say I can go faster - it isn't worth it, it never is.

My morning commute usually presents some kind of tosser trynig to overtake everyone and cut in late, where 2 lanes merge into 1 in front of Brooklands go kart track in Lancing. I couldn't give a flying dog poo but it really is funny how many people seem to need to do it and how many people won't let people like that in, and they are still 2 cars abreast right up to the petrol station, not looking at each other and trying to get their bumper in front of the other to signifiy they have right of way or something daft :lol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I normally drive at a safe distance behind a car in front, looking for the first safe opportunity to overtake if they are travelling slower than the speed limit despite the road ahead of them being clear.

The only time i would ever consider driving closer to cars is when the inside lane is clear on a duel carriage / motorway, yet someone insists on driving under the speed limit on the outside lane (illegal, as we drive on the left, the outside lane is just for overtaking)

They refuse to move to the correct side of the road despite the inside lane being empty and they ignore your signalling that you wish to get past and without my having to resort to undertaking (which is also illegal) because they are unable to drive on the correct side of the road.

I also can't stand drivers who for no apparent reason drive at 30 in a 40MPH zone, then 40 in a 50 MPH zone, 45 - 50 on a single carriage national speed limit road, BUT then drive at 40MPH in a 30 MPH zone. - Why do they think its safe to speed in a built up area where there is a far greater risk of hitting pedestrians etc, yet feel its unsafe to travel at the speed limit on faster roads?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The exact same method employed by a German tourist in Thailand last week-unfortunately, the local on the receiving end didn't like it so he shot the German. Dead!
Shows it works then.

I suppose the only flaw is you don't know if you're pissing off a nut job (as the German chap found out to his ultimate cost).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here