Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you ready for the England evolution??q

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Glad That Someone Finally Gives McLaren Some Credit. He Made Some Tough Decisions That Others Would Never Do. He Quite Rightly Dropped Beckham And Robinson. He Stuck With Class Players Like Lampard, And Finally Gave Barry His Chance. Croatia And Russia Were Very Lucky. I Personally Think The FA Should Have Stuck With Him, But Maybe Removed His Umbrella
I AGREE. THE ONLY REASON WE DIDN'T QUALIFY WAS BECAUSE THE REFEREES WERE ALL BIASED AGAINST US LIKE THE VOTERS IN THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST. PLUS CROATIA AND RUSSIA CHEATED BY PRACTISING AND EVOLVING MODERN TACTICS AS OPPOSED TO JUST PLAYING GOOD OLD 4-4-2. WE SHOULD ALWAYS WIN BECAUSE WE ARE ENGLAND - WE INVENTED THE GAME AND WE WON THE WAR.

Edit: Bugger - why didn't that come out as capitalised as opposed to all caps?

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I AGREE. THE ONLY REASON WE DIDN'T QUALIFY WAS BECAUSE THE REFEREES WERE ALL BIASED AGAINST US LIKE THE VOTERS IN THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST. PLUS CROATIA AND RUSSIA CHEATED BY PRACTISING AND EVOLVING MODERN TACTICS AS OPPOSED TO JUST PLAYING GOOD OLD 4-4-2. WE SHOULD ALWAYS WIN BECAUSE WE ARE ENGLAND - WE INVENTED THE GAME AND WE WON THE WAR.

I Think You're Taking The Piss Out Of Me. Yet Another Bully.

And There's No Need To Shout.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I Think You're Taking The Piss Out Of Me. Yet Another Bully.

And There's No Need To Shout.
I wasn't taking the piss - I was trying to type in your style. Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery you know. I think you're a breath of fresh air on NSC.

Anyway, hand over your dinner money or I'll do ya!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is Jimmy Bullard English?

That's the sort of player England need
Isn't he - like the very best people - half-German?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Isn't he - like the very best people - half-German?

Our only other decent central midfielder's half-German get him in the team.
In all seriousness i'd rather have Bullard than Jenas or Carrick

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oi, stop nicking OUR midfielders - the English ones are ok, they just need a kick up their fat lazy arses. What you lot need is a proper MAD German goalkeeper
Olli_Kahn-1.jpg

or David James - I think he's excellent, I'd pick him

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone who thinks Mclaren deserves credit need to have the piss taken out of them. His biggest mistake was dropping Beckham which he only did to stamp his mark on the team at the outset of his short tenure. I suspect that had Beckham been playing along he would not have signed up for the mickey mouse league. However, dropped by his country I can't blame him for grabbing the dollars. He proved his worth when he returned and, along with Heskey, revitalised our campaign. He turned the game against Croatia and if it hadn't been for Carson's mistake, we may well have sneaked in the back door to the championships. Unfortunatley, that would have meant McLaren staying in post. Whilst I hate to see England not qualify, as in 1994, every cloud has a silver lining.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I have to say i am slightly concerned at reports of Wes Brown and Upson starting though

I don't know about that.
Imagine that you've never seen Wes Brown before. Then imagine how hard it'd be to keep a straight face, let alone shoot on target if he was facing you.
I think it might work in our favour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My left eyebrow climbed a bit when I saw Wes Orange at RB, as Richards has looked very dynamic for England down that side in previous games. Perhaps Capello feels he is a little too "buccaneering" for his style at the moment, and by all accounts I've read recently, Orange has been deputising well for Neville lately. So again, Capello picks on form, not just what went before. Excellent.

I'm actually quite excited about tonight game, especially at seeing a COMPLETELY different England team (and different through selection, not the usual 'late withdrawls'). With McLaren it was always going to be more of the same. But everything Capello has said and done so far I think has been hugely encouraging.

We desperately needed a broom to sweep away the stale old cobwebs of assumption and apathy in the England squad. Capello has arrived with a Dyson.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Surely would have been better with Rooney of Owen......more of the same i know, but this is in my opinion our best pairing.

Is it me but all of a sudden that side looks like lacking goals.
And also we look a very small side ?, we look frail to set peices i think.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is it not Rooney behind Tevez at ManUre though?

Everytime I've seen Roon play on his own up front for England he just comes deep all the time to collect the ball and there's no one to play off him.

Most times Ive seen Rooney play for England in past few years he has been very average.

Cappello will be hounded out, because we dont like the just win men mentality that he will bring to the team, the papers will be crying for more attractive football to be played.
For a country that has not close to winning anything for years this is a bit odd.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Most times Ive seen Rooney play for England in past few years he has been very average.

Cappello will be hounded out, because we dont like the just win men mentality that he will bring to the team, the papers will be crying for more attractive football to be played.
For a country that has not close to winning anything for years this is a bit odd.

People wanted a winner, that's what Barwick got us with a capital W. I am sure if results are positive then people will stick behind him, it's obvious that if we play poorly and don't win then the press will hound him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here