Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you ready for the England evolution??q

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It all starts tonight, Fabio Cappello building on the hard work of former manager Steve McLaren begins his quest tonight to take us to the promised land of South Africa 2010.

I am sure Gerrard and the boys can do us proud and put a smile back on the face of English football with a comprehensive win against the Swiss.

promises to be an electric atmosphere and a sell-out Wembley, I for one can't wait.

:clap2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am keen to watch the game tonight and see how we will react to the new boss and formation.

I have to say i am slightly concerned at reports of Wes Brown and Upson starting though

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
It all starts tonight, Fabio Cappello building on the hard work of former manager Steve McLaren begins his quest tonight to take us to the promised land of South Africa 2010.

Glad That Someone Finally Gives McLaren Some Credit. He Made Some Tough Decisions That Others Would Never Do. He Quite Rightly Dropped Beckham And Robinson. He Stuck With Class Players Like Lampard, And Finally Gave Barry His Chance. Croatia And Russia Were Very Lucky. I Personally Think The FA Should Have Stuck With Him, But Maybe Removed His Umbrella

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
That would be the umbrella that the rest of the country would collectively shove up his arse.

And then open.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Glad That Someone Finally Gives McLaren Some Credit. He Made Some Tough Decisions That Others Would Never Do. He Quite Rightly Dropped Beckham And Robinson. He Stuck With Class Players Like Lampard, And Finally Gave Barry His Chance. Croatia And Russia Were Very Lucky. I Personally Think The FA Should Have Stuck With Him, But Maybe Removed His Umbrella

McClown was another puppet yes man who had his strings pulled by everyone in the FA and probably most of the Premier leagues' managers too.

He had his favourites who only had to turn up at the training ground to get a place in the starting 11 even if they were playing crap.

Not his fault that he was a shite England manager....he should never of been given the job to start with.

And if you think Lumpalard's class....you know very little about football pal

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It'll be nice to see Ashley Young start tonight and Joe Cole playing up with Rooney with be interesting.

Is Jimmy Bullard English?

That's the sort of player England need - proper hard grafting, good vision and can shoot from distance. The lad is back at last from his injury, and although it's a bit much to say he'll rescue Fulham's season, he's got a better chance of pulling that off, than Savage (who claimed he was the player could rescue Derby :lolol: ).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think the squads will be largely experimental over the next few games so Capello can get a look at the players on offer so will not be reading too much into the lineups.

Hope Young performs as well as he has for his club which if he does will cause J.Cole a few sleepless nights

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I never thought I'd be saying this but I'm glad Wes Brown is being recognised for his good form.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm quite looking forward to tonight, a night of firsts.
* Capello's first match in charge
* My first visit to the new Wembley Stadium
* My first live England match

:)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive got no problems with Brown playing at Right back, as he is actually playing there for Man U.

I really Cant get my head around the Upson choice though, he would be my last choice Centrre Half in the current squad.

No problems with the other personell, and it will be interesting to see a new formation, even though i would have gone for a 442 with Owen and Rooney up top.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That's the team the independent's got for tonight, looks solid with a lot of pace going forward.

Brown is a much better right-back than Richards

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would go with

GK D.James

RB M.Richards
CB W.Brown
CB R.Ferdinand
LB J.Lescott

RM D.Bentley
CM S.Gerrard
CM G.Barry
LM A.Young
AM J.Cole

ST W.Rooney

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is Jimmy Bullard English?

That's the sort of player England need - proper hard grafting, good vision and can shoot from distance. The lad is back at last from his injury, and although it's a bit much to say he'll rescue Fulham's season, he's got a better chance of pulling that off, than Savage (who claimed he was the player could rescue Derby :lolol: ).

I think thats a decent shout actually. Might need a few more games under his belt following his long layoff, but he'd wear the shirt with pride, and as you say, he's a real grafter and not without quality either.

Yes, he is english.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here