Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you offended by the gay taunts from opposing fans

Are you bothered by the gay taunts

• Total voters

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013

Not going to read that as that is totally flawed. How many people have been arrested for homophobic bile? None, get a slap on their rear end and told to behave. That Birmingham fan on YOUTUBE shouting towards us ' YOU RUN FROM AN AIDS TEST' not arrested and even thou it was on YOUTUBE clear evidence then still nothing done. If it had been about black or Asian people then the culprit would have had their door smashed down in a dawn raid.

It goes on and on and on but nothing is ever done.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Doesnt bother me, had some on saturday, walking around Nottingham some teenagers starting singing 'we can see you holding hands' i shouted back at them 'your too ugly to be gay' they soon shut up

So if someone sat next to you shouting racist remarks at Bridcutt what would you do? Allow it ?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
So if someone sat next to you shouting racist remarks at Bridcutt what would you do? Allow it ?

No i wouldnt allow it, would you?

BaconSaver

Oct 4, 2012
Outside the ground incidents are normally stopped when the retards are confronted as they tend to shite themselves on a regular basis.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not going to read that as that is totally flawed. How many people have been arrested for homophobic bile? None, get a slap on their rear end and told to behave. That Birmingham fan on YOUTUBE shouting towards us ' YOU RUN FROM AN AIDS TEST' not arrested and even thou it was on YOUTUBE clear evidence then still nothing done. If it had been about black or Asian people then the culprit would have had their door smashed down in a dawn raid.

It goes on and on and on but nothing is ever done.

Southampton fans were in court last season.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe they are homophobic as well and hate gays and like them to be given a hard time. I'd like to see a poll about racist chanting. Bet the poll would be totally different but why? I like gays more than black, Asian people as to be honest I don't like them. Like a few have said, we live in a democracy so I suppose if you don't mind homophobic chanting then it's open doors but why do society condone one but not the other. Baffling.

I've had it up to here with the 'racism in football this season. A few islolated incidents and all of a sudden football has a 'racism' problem. Has anyone read 442 magazine this month? A feature of it is 'the insider' who an ex footballer who as played in all 4 divisions and he said in his instalment this month that he has never experienced any racism in football.

Incidently where were all the bleeding hearts when Paul Elliott referred to another footballer as a '******' in a text? Barely a peep in the media, yes i know black on black etc but even so he still used a horribly offensive word to another person. Imagine if that was a hgh profile white player who used that word? Wall to wall media coverage, the usual suspects wheeled out talking about 'racism' in football, no doubt a criminal trial and lengthy FA ban .

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
So why doesn't it bother you when homophobic songs or words are said. Are gays a legitimate target but Blacks and Asians aren't, you can't have it both ways.

Are you gay? Serious question. It really does not bother me the homophobic abuse, only the bobble brigade.

We also give it back just as good!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you gay? Serious question. It really does not bother me or a lot of people the homophobic abuse, only the bobble brigade.

We also give it back just as good!

Does that apply to kids? Children have been abused when walking with their Dads to games. It's not all about you.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
So why doesn't it bother you when homophobic songs or words are said. Are gays a legitimate target but Blacks and Asians aren't, you can't have it both ways.

its part and parcel of being a brighton fan, we will always get it, it wont ever stop, i find the best way to deal with it is too confront the the people doing it and they soon stop

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
I've had it up to here with the 'racism in football this season. A few islolated incidents and all of a sudden football has a 'racism' problem. Has anyone read 442 magazine this month? A feature of it is 'the insider' who an ex footballer who as played in all 4 divisions and he said in his instalment this month that he has never experienced any racism in football.

Incidently where were all the bleeding hearts when Paul Elliott referred to another footballer as a '******' in a text? Barely a peep in the media, yes i know black on black etc but even so he still used a horribly offensive word to another person. Imagine if that was a hgh profile white player who used that word? Wall to wall media coverage, the usual suspects wheeled out talking about 'racism' in football, no doubt a criminal trial and lengthy FA ban .

I couldn't give a monkey about racism in football as that's all I ever hear or see or read. I want to know why Homophobia is still totalrated? Even Seep fat **** Blatter even laughs about it.

The other month on here there was outcry about a racist remark in the south stand but you wouldn't get that for a homophobic remark but why, I thought they were both on the same level playing field or are gay baiting still allowed.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Perhaps start a poll on whether racist remarks should be tolerated - but only black/asian/insert race of your choice can vote on it.

Next, start a poll on homophobic remarks, where only gay people can vote on it.

Compare the results - there's your answer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
its part and parcel of being a brighton fan, we will always get it, it wont ever stop, i find the best way to deal with it is too confront the the people doing it and they soon stop

No it's not. It will die out when attitudes change.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not about personal offence, surely?

The gay stuff is being thrown about as 'banter' suggesting that homosexuality is something to be ashamed of. It might be light hearted in the eyes of many dishing it out and receiving it, but is it acceptable?

No it's not. It will die out when attitudes change.

Indeed. How many years have we been on the receiving end of this oh so funny behaviour?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well maybe if you was black or Asian and the insults were directed at your skin or origin then is that allowed? Of cause not so why should homophobic songs be tolerated Or is it because you are gay then that's fair game? If fans can be homophobic then I'll start singing racist songs because at the end of the day you can't have grey ares, either ban them all or sing what you like.

I'll probably make a dogs breakfast of this post/explanation, but here goes..... If a crowd or person is black, and abuse is targeted at them, then it is bad, and should be stamped out. The gay chants are normally (not always) fairly lighthearted, and are directed by the opposing fans at all of us. They and i have not a clue, who amongst the 25,000 crowd, who is and is not gay. No signs on the clothing to indicate, no skin colour etc.
I agree that if the gay chants are really offensive, and not outside the ground in front of children tbh.
Perhaps because i am not gay, my opinion differs from others, but i do relish and enjoy taunting the opposing fans with "Your to ugly to be gay".....whether the people around me are gay, or they think i am.....then who knows eh.
To actually think that opposing supporters think all of the Brighton supporters are gay, makes me laugh......but then again i think all Leeds fans have flat caps, work for Hovis and have ferrets down their keks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here