Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you lot as fed up as us

larus

Re: Re: Are you lot as fed up as us

perth seagull said:
The only problem if Pardew goes: West Ham will probably go for Mark McGhee, and then we'll end up getting left with your rubbsh reject at the end of the mangerial merry-go-round!

I'm not sure he would go. I think he comes across as wanting to stay.

This may be one one two reasons that I can think of:
1. He genuinely likes the club, management, location, etc, and feels that Falmer is fairly close
and/or
2. He thinks that with the crop of good players coming through, he could end up with a very big success on his hands, and this could lead to an offer from a big club.

Hopefully, he'll stay.

Attilio the Hun

Dec 14, 2004
Too close for comfort
Pardew should have been sacked after the play-off final.

I did rate hime before that game, what with his ex-Palace connections and the good job he did at Reading, but the way he was so comprehensively out-thought and visibly flustered by Dowie in Cardiff exposed his weaknesses. I was surprised he was kept on.

But with better clubs than West Ham on the lookout for managers, I don't know who'd be attracted to east London if he did get the bullet.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I don't really know who will fill the impending position at the Boleyn. But McGhee's name isn't one that's being brandished around.

Personally, there's a couple on my list i'd like to see. Martin "mad dog" Allen would be a great choice, Strachen would be another and the Seagulls favourite...Dowie.

One name that is being brandished around is Peter Taylor. I've spoken to a lot of BHA fans about him and many were glad to see the back of him....i know he got you promoted but with an inherited side.

Whoever we get, it's going to turn another set of supporters against us. I prey it's not McGhee we end up with....he's doing too good a job for you and that's where i'd like to see him stay.

I'll probably get called a smug, patronising git again by that jumped up little twat but i genuinely want Brighton to be up there too. I've watched them on the Goldstone terraces for nearly 30 years and been to a fair few away games too...i was a season ticket holder in 93/94...but cut my finger off and i'll bleed claret and blue.

Steve Coppell for the west ham job anyone :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
jevs said:
Whoever we get, it's going to turn another set of supporters against us.

Not necessarily. You can have Lennie Lawrence if you want. Our supporters clubs will pay his travelling expenses.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
jevs said:

One name that is being brandished around is Peter Taylor. I've spoken to a lot of BHA fans about him and many were glad to see the back of him....i know he got you promoted but with an inherited side.

If Brown (is he still your chairman?) were to let Taylor get his hands on your club's cash, he would bankrupt your club in no time. I'm rather glad he didn't have any cash at Brighton. Look at what he did at Leicester. Akinbiyi £5 million, Matthew Jones £3million, Trevor Benjamin £17000 per week.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kevin Keegan is out of work. ???

E

enigma

If I were West Ham I would try and get any of the following.

Iain Dowie (that would screw Palace)
Martin Allen
Gary Johnson (the Yeovil guy)
Mike Newell
Gordon Strachan
George Graham

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
enigma said:
If I were West Ham I would try and get any of the following.

Iain Dowie (that would screw Palace)
Martin Allen
Gary Johnson (the Yeovil guy)
Mike Newell
Gordon Strachan
George Graham
Dowie is hardly going to take a step down from Palace is he?!!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
dougdeep said:
Kevin Keegan is out of work. ???

Another name that that has been talked of. Even though the bloke's a quitter, he'll get us playing football again rather than just hoofing up in the air like Pardew seems to like. Life would be an exiting rollercoaster under Keegan.

But, we've only employed two managers in the past who've never had any connections at West ham...Pardew and Macari...both were disasters.

It's been mentioned that WHEN palace return to where they belong, Dowie will leave and join us....a team he's played for and now wants to manage.

With Dowie at no 1, i'd like to see Mad dog as his no 2...again a fantastic ex hammer who's highly rated at the Boleyn.

The one thing that i like with certain managers....Allen is one and Mcghee is another is the dressing room and training ground banter. Allen getting his team to swim the solent and mcghee making players strip off if they miss seems to get players camerarderie going.

I've always said that Brighton have a happy dressing room. If you get that right and all the players are having a laugh with each other etc, it's worth a couple of wins a season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are you as fed up as us?

No! We're the feduperist. :(

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
dougdeep said:
Are you as fed up as us?

No! We're the feduperist. :(

No, we're not - a new week, a fresh start, and a nice win.:clap2:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
jevs said:
Another name that that has been talked of. Even though the bloke's a quitter, he'll get us playing football again rather than just hoofing up in the air like Pardew seems to like. Life would be an exiting rollercoaster under Keegan.

But, we've only employed two managers in the past who've never had any connections at West ham...Pardew and Macari...both were disasters.

It's been mentioned that WHEN palace return to where they belong, Dowie will leave and join us....a team he's played for and now wants to manage.

With Dowie at no 1, i'd like to see Mad dog as his no 2...again a fantastic ex hammer who's highly rated at the Boleyn.

The one thing that i like with certain managers....Allen is one and Mcghee is another is the dressing room and training ground banter. Allen getting his team to swim the solent and mcghee making players strip off if they miss seems to get players camerarderie going.

I've always said that Brighton have a happy dressing room. If you get that right and all the players are having a laugh with each other etc, it's worth a couple of wins a season.
Keep dreaming mate. Try not to cum in your pants about the thought of Dowie managing you lot though eh?

E

enigma

I reckon he might leave Palace if they get relegated. He might go to man city anyways.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
jevs said:
They've all topped themselves m8...you'll be able to get served in record time tonight

Please read my initial post about his tactical awareness. The bloke's a joke.

jevs... I live in harlow where everyone is a Spur or a Hammer. My office was a pain in the butt at the beginning oft he season with hammers fans taking the piss. Now they come and comiserate on my shoulder!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Still, West ham a good club and their fans don't deserve this. Pardew must go and you need soemone who can pass creatively from the middle.... and defenders who can defend.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
There was that statistic banded about pardew when he joined WH that he was second only to Ferguson for wins to games ratio as a manager but it was total tosh cos he`d only been a manager for 10 mins after inheriting a good team, whereas Alex is collecting his pension. His actions when we started to make inroads into their championship bid a couple of seasons ago making out he was going to buy a couple of our players etc showed him to be the bottler he is, quite apart from his lack of tactical nous, look at the playoff final one nil down 20 mins to go and he subs a striker and puts on a defender! I remember when he was appointed and a WH fan came up to me and was crooning and quoting that spurious statistic at me and i told him then he`s crap, he hasnt got a clue and you`ll never do anything with him aboard. WH have got some cracking players in their squad but he cant get them to play. We`ll have bobby back for you to save some wages, Mcghee could play him upfront with Leon and we`d finish in mid table minimum.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here