Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with Trevor Benjamin as our new striker?

Are you happy with Trev?

• Yes, kill the QPR Trevor!

Votes: 97 94.2%
  • No, I like Welsh forwards...

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I certainly am!

He is quality and will link up brilliantly with Leon or Chris.

Nice mentality too (dosen't mind being 'Leon's bodyguard')!:clap2:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I'll be honest, I'm 100% behind him and in theory he should be what we are after and I hope he does really well BUT I'm unsure if he will do the job, lets face it he didn't set the world on fire at Leicester. I think he did play for Cambridge though before Leicester and has got the experience at various levels. Good luck to him, but I'll wait to make a proper judgement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reserve judgement till 17:00 Saturday

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
good loan signing needed a bit of strength up front to hold the ball up and bring leon into the game

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
My first impression was, ‘oh no’. But after taking a step back, seeing the lad on the news etc.. I'm happy and I like what he has added in the anticipation to the QPR game!

Go on Trev, give the cock Clarke Carlisle a kick for me!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did not he fancy a loan spell at Hull?

He was a bit of a plonker for Cambridge. But I voted yes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We can't lose, if he succeeds then we score goals, if he does not then abuse him with cries of " Palace Reject "

Only joking. Go for it Trev :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
perseus said:
Did not he fancy a loan spell at Hull?

He was a bit of a plonker for Cambridge. But I voted yes.

You obviously didn't see his performance against us at the Priestfield where he ran us ragged. He got promoted into this divison with Cambridge and is exactly what we have been missing since Micky Small.

I'll stick my neck on the line and predict we could have a new Ward/ Mellor or Byrne/Small partnership coming, if we can sign him permanently.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am happy and hope he will bring us the results we need. Roll on 3 points on Saturday, and keep em coming.

We've been screaming out for a big physical presence for a long time. Benjamin is not premiership quality, but I've a feeling he'll do well at this level for us.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I voted yes because I think with him being here will lift the team. It will go either way, Either we'll go on a winning streak or will carry on how we have over the last couple of months.

I've got faith in him and have got a good feeling about Saturday now!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We were 50% short of a little and large act, but that has now been sorted and I feel far happier with our potency in front of goal now.

I guess I still have a small concern about our ability to create chances for our David and Goliath, especially with Yeates returning imminently, but let's see how it goes, eh?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
A bit of power up front is what we've been missing. Hopefully those two thug defenders that QPR have will be too busy trying to keep Big Trev in check to pay too much attention to Lil Leon on Saturday!!

:clap2:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Fingers crossed for me.

However, I also saw him on the news & if nothing else he is a big fucker, so hopefully give Knight a bit of extra time/space.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Eddie the Seagull said:
However, I also saw him on the news & if nothing else he is a big fucker,

Lets just hope he has a shower on his own then, wouldn't want little leon getting the hump because the attention was being taken away from him :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here