Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with the progress ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might as well lock this thread, it's pure troll fest.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Yes I'm a Palace fan....but not one to come on here and gloat about our recent good run of results against you. Hi, I'm a Rangers Fan, I've chosed to follow and support Brighton while I live here
I have a few work colleagues who support the shegulls, and they do go on and on about being the better club etc etc. It's like an obsession. result aside, they are the better club, currently on the park however, Palace have the better team. As far as infrastructure, support and vision goes, Brighton are currently superior

Personally, I do not like to lose to you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I would like to get an honest view as to whether you are happy with your current set up. I don't like to lose to Palace already. I am happy with what I have seen so far, however, I cannot speak for the Brighton masses

If I supported your club I would be unsure exactly how big you are as a club and how far you will go before it all starts to slow down and you become another club stuck in the championship like we have been for many years. My reasons are as follows:

The saviour CMS, whom you said was so much better than Murray (when we got him from you for nothing) maybe is not as good as you first thought. Against us last week he was awful in comparison to our front line, and way too inconsistant. CMS contributes far more than goals, his work ethic and skill on the ball help the team as a unit. the longer this team plays together the better they will get, goals will come for CMS don't worry about that

Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant ! that, is a load of nonsense. Really is, regular high attendence at home and ask the Charlon fans what they thought of the Albion fans

Your manager is not smart enough in my view. He is quite predictable and I think he is another where a top player may not mean a top manager. The funds he has had to spend do not match the results he has achieved. The difference between us and you on money spent is large, but on the pitch you would think we spent 3 to 4 times what you have. you are of the opinion that the league is a forgone conclusion, what would your opinion be in say 4 months time following a dip in form and Palace find themselves in 13th and Brighton are in and around the playoffs... don't you think you may be a little premature

On the other hand....

Your ground is far and away better than ours, and your home numbers are currently very good of which you should be proud. But if over the next 2 seasons maximum you do not get promoted, then I'm convinced your fanbase will start to drop back to a realistic figure around 15000, especially when the new ground buzz and cheap season tickets bein to run out andyou have to pay full price for a new one. If we could get a new stadium I know we would fill it too, but our numbers would start to drop off too over time if success doesn't follow, plus we have the added problem of so many London clubs to compete against. what do you base this on? apart from pure guess work and hope. They said that Rangers wouldn't get 10,000 at Ibrox this season. Rangers average 45,000 so far... who knows what may happen. Brighton at the moment, a club going places, just because it doesn't happen at the click of a finger, doesn't mean it won't happen...

Ok my views may be a tad biased, and maybe I seem a little obsessed myself, but I have had it in the ear from these colleagues at work going on and on that I thought I would share my views with your fans directly rather tha have to spend any further time with them. Honest shegull fans on here I'm sure will see some truth in what I have to say, or maybe not given some of the posts I have read on here recently.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The only thing I'd add to this, is that I do find myself getting agitated by our team on our occasions, simply as I know what they're capable of. Just 4-5 years ago I expected little and often that's all I got watching the Albion.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
you've got to be the saddest, most bitter prick in football. It sums you up visiting the holmesdale every morning in september then all of a sudden you was no where to be seen. The bets gone from who will finish higher in the league, to who would win last week and now you've gone for the desperation of attendances. Your local bookmaker must love you. I'd strongly advise you to get a life, take those sour grapes out of your mouth and get a decent education.

It would be nice to argue your points, but there's no point in bothering with people like you.

rofl

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Yes I'm a Palace fan....but not one to come on here and gloat about our recent good run of results against you.

I have a few work colleagues who support the shegulls, and they do go on and on about being the better club etc etc. It's like an obsession.

Personally, I do not like to lose to you, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual, but I would like to get an honest view as to whether you are happy with your current set up.

If I supported your club I would be unsure exactly how big you are as a club and how far you will go before it all starts to slow down and you become another club stuck in the championship like we have been for many years. My reasons are as follows:

The saviour CMS, whom you said was so much better than Murray (when we got him from you for nothing) maybe is not as good as you first thought. Against us last week he was awful in comparison to our front line, and way too inconsistant.

Your support at home is good, but away games where the true fans go you lack both numbers and noise. In fact you are so far behind us on that front. Given our rivalry your support at Selhurst was poor and I expected far more noise and songs rather than just that constant Albion chant !

Your manager is not smart enough in my view. He is quite predictable and I think he is another where a top player may not mean a top manager. The funds he has had to spend do not match the results he has achieved. The difference between us and you on money spent is large, but on the pitch you would think we spent 3 to 4 times what you have.

On the other hand....

Your ground is far and away better than ours, and your home numbers are currently very good of which you should be proud. But if over the next 2 seasons maximum you do not get promoted, then I'm convinced your fanbase will start to drop back to a realistic figure around 15000, especially when the new ground buzz and cheap season tickets bein to run out andyou have to pay full price for a new one. If we could get a new stadium I know we would fill it too, but our numbers would start to drop off too over time if success doesn't follow, plus we have the added problem of so many London clubs to compete against.

Ok my views may be a tad biased, and maybe I seem a little obsessed myself, but I have had it in the ear from these colleagues at work going on and on that I thought I would share my views with your fans directly rather tha have to spend any further time with them. Honest shegull fans on here I'm sure will see some truth in what I have to say, or maybe not given some of the posts I have read on here recently.

one of the worst 'honest' opinions iv ever seen

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wtf??.... where are the cheap season tickets??.... every ticket has a full price, and its not cheap, the only concession is that we can pay monthly through the year interest free..... thats not being cheap, its good marketing. I tell you what cheap is, Groupon and BOGOF that you fookers have.

You are wasting your time with these trolls. All of their arguments last season are void now that they're doing better and they have a new set for us this year and they all ignore their Groupon Days, adults can use a kid's £1 tickets to boost numbers, etc., etc.

When idiots like him come on here banging on about our cheap season tickets then you know you are trying to reason with fuckwits. He clearly knows the square root of f*** all when it comes to us. They hit the 'post' button before engaging that dormant organ between their ears-it's a Payless trait I'm afraid.

Where's Simster with those attendance stats when you need him?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If we could score from penalties or take even a reasonable percentage of the chances we create we'd be comfortably in the play-off places, and who wouldn't be happy with that? Everything off the field is pretty good and even the problems with transport etc are a consequence of our own success. I, for one, can live with that.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Give it 2 to 3 seasons with no progress and I think not.

But this is only my view maybe you will prove me wrong. Look at the fall of Middlesbro as one example ...

From 7000k at the withdean to 22k season ticket holders in two years is huge progress - 15k only if we were to be relegated to L1 (which i cant see happening). Even if we spend 5 years in the champoinship i dont see us going below 20k for home games. If we ever get to the premiership i am sure we would sell out the majority of games so 30k each week.

From where we have been in 1997 staying in the league on the last day of the season to 2 years at Gillingham and 12 years at withdean finishing 10th in the Championship last season and being hopefully playoff contenders last season... happy with the progress you bet i f***ing am.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
3 years ago we were at the arse end of League One. We walked the league the next season and just missed the playoffs last season. We are looking like an established team this season and have played the better football in pretty well all the games I've seen this season, although I did miss the Palace game where we were down to 10 after 8 mins. Our crowds have gone from 6,000 odd to 25,000 and we have a fabulous stadium.

On the negative front, we struggle to close out games and we can't win a game when we go behind. Our midfiled don't score enough and our forwards are misfiring.

Gus is a good manager who makes mistakes and is a bit pigheaded, as he seems a little inflexible with his tactics. He has struggled to replace Murray.

Overall you'd have to be a demanding numpty not to be very happy with the progress that we have made in the last three years. We have reached a plateau but I'm hoping a couple of January signings will help us make the next step.

There are worse places to be than the top half of a very entertaining Championship and promotion is not a priority this season.

I am loving being an Albion fan at the moment and accept that our progress will slow as we try and reach the top flight. There are so many good clubs in this division, we were never going to run away with this league.

Couldn't have put it better myself.......... and the season has a long way to go yet, which I say more as a "Will Palace stay there" than a "will the Albion get thee..." sort of point.

cpfc71

Dec 1, 2012
Well I will try and respond with the same biased that the Palace Troll stated.....

Point 1

CMS is by far a better option than Murray, IMHO, as he is creates havoc with opposing defences and again on Saturday, opposing fans stating that they were frightend when he got the ball, even Palace fans admitted that they were impressed with him and he did not play well last week. Adding to that his record is not bad for us, probably better than Murray, if you take away the penalties and more importantly to me, he is a great club man and does loads for the Community. I also expects that we would get more money for him than Murray, so happy with him thanks, not saying that I would not want Murray back, but not to replace, so happy with that progress

Point 2

Support, yes very happy with that progress, are you happy with your ever decreasing support base ? and I know it has been mentioned before but we have larger away support than Palace for years, check the facts, even when we were in div 1, and much better home than you without the help of Groupon, Kids for a quid etc, so happy with that progress

Point 3

Ground, yes its the best ground in the Championship, yours is the worst, so yes happy with that progress.

Point 4

Noise and fans -Think we need to get Balaclavas, plastic flags, a drummer, an Eagle that is frightend of Seagulls, Cheerleaders that get paid as they are mainly West Ham fans, Goal music, an annoying announcer who does not know the name of his own players and has to ask the small crowd the name of their own players, so maybe you beat us on that one ???

Point 5

Attendance - Happy to make a bet with you, that our crowds will be above yours for the next 10 years, so happy with that progress

Point 6

Manager - Yes happy with him as he has turned the club around in the 3 years he has been here, we play lovely football, had success on a sensible budget and not playing silly money on wages (Murray ??). Yes he will go one day to a bigger club but he will have left us a much better team and structure. I suppose we could have a scottish traitor who 'would never leave the club as I am legend' or a Wurzell, So happy with that progress.

In summary our progress over the past 15 years is remarkable, I stood on the terrace at Hereford and prayed that we would not go out of the leauge and business, in that time we have played at a ground 85 miles away and survived on 2/3000 crowds, built a temp stadium to get back to the city and communuity, paid our way, sold all our best players, had 3 championships and 1 play off win, then built a wonderful new stadium, with 18,000 STO, then after one year, expanded the ground and now have 23,000 STO. I actually call that the best progress of any club in the leauge, so happy with that one.

Think when you troll, I suggest you try a better subject where Palace can at least be close to us on, I am affraid Progress as a football club is something that you are miles behind us. But good try.

when are you coming back on the HOL then Bobby ? don't forget your bet from earlier this season. details below, if you have forgotten.....

"Ok a bet, I will bet you that Brighton will finish above Palace this year, I will also bet you that CMS will score more goals than Mr Sulky and I will bet you that Wini the diver will be sold in Jan, PM me as I am really off now, I promise"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
when are you coming back on the HOL then Bobby ? don't forget your bet from earlier this season. details below, if you have forgotten.....

"Ok a bet, I will bet you that Brighton will finish above Palace this year, I will also bet you that CMS will score more goals than Mr Sulky and I will bet you that Wini the diver will be sold in Jan, PM me as I am really off now, I promise"

What is HOL and why should anyone on here give a f*** ?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
In answer to the original question, yes, very happy indeed. Are you happy with being totally tinpot?
That 'performance' you lot go through when you score, would look infantile at a pantomime. Pathetic :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here