Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you entitled to tax credits?

Friday afternoon
bridesmaid.jpg

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All this GAY ABANDON on A Friday afternoon is quite distressing. Lord B deserves a suspension at least, if not removal of his priveleges!

I am not sure if everyone is going to cope this Bank Holiday weekend with the disgusting behaviour he is displaying. Cleary abusing his rights, and letting the power get to his head like a £100k a week West Ham sub

Disappointing to say the least

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"As usual I am penalised for being single"

The system does seem to favour those who are married and have children.

But not enough IMHO. Money's very tight when you have kids and quite homestly every penny that comes in is useful.

Speaking in financial terms, I was considerably better off single as I am with kids - although, of course, I'm richer in other ways.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have just had a few bottles of beer and am unable to get to the end of the form without f***ing up apparently. They always seem so complicated.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The system does seem to favour those who are married and have children. The latter putting an extra strain on resources as opposed to a single person or married couple without children.

My child's parents (i.e. me and my partner) contributed in excess of 20k in income tax and NI last year so you can shove your "extra strain on resources" theory up your arse. Unfortunately people like me don't often get much back from the government so I take it where I find it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I get tax credits for having two kids

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If you're living with someone and/or have children and earn under £58k then you may well qualify.

I believe it's £66k in the first year of the child's life and drops down to £58k in subsequent years.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Will there be a BY-ELECTION to replace Lord B...?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm wonder what I would get for being a single dad with part time access due to SFWs but pays CSA regularly.

f*** ALL probably. Coz Im "single" and a man.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I get the impression that the availability of tax credits is being used as an excuse by some employers to keep basic wages down - the theory is that if families need more money, the state will pay up.

Agreed. I have seen some jobs advertised with: "With tax credits you could take home X every month".

DISGRACE.

(I'm not, by the way: I live on my own)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
get sweet bolocks all,

actually since the petrol tax/council tax have gone up and the 10p tax gone im alot worse off.. cheers Gordon

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Having neither a spouse/significant other nor children I suspect it would be a waste of time me following the link...I am almost tempted to do the calculation, just in case it is worth me trying to find some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here