Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you Catholic? Do you give a damn that the Pope is coming?

Are you Catholic and do you care about the Papacy visit?

• Catholic and yes I do care

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Catholic and no I don't

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Non-Catholic and I do

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Non-Catholic and couldn't give a shit!

Votes: 111 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
History is in the making seeing as the Pope himself shall make a state visit to the United Kingdom, the first time ever since we disassociated ourselves with the Catholic Church during Henry VIII's reign.

But how many catholics are out there on NSC?

And do many people take the papacy as seriously as other countries?

Open for discussion.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Out of interest, how many state visits does the Queen get to go on? She even had the honour of making a speech to the UN the other month, f*** knows why.

If you think that she is anywhere near as relevent to international society as the Pope, then you are missing a very large point somewhere.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Quite frankly, I think he should stay away, now knowing what he knows about the goings on in the Catholic church with regards to paedophile issues.

I know it's not just the Catholic faith, but I've seen a few documentaries recently about catholosism and its' frightening what they believe in and what they preach/teach. I also think the heirachy and a lot of catholics in general are very much in denial of many many issues its scary !!

Gus in.......The Pope OUT !!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
pope_benedict_xvi-evil.jpg

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Out of interest, how many state visits does the Queen get to go on? She even had the honour of making a speech to the UN the other month, f*** knows why.

If you think that she is anywhere near as relevent to international society as the Pope, then you are missing a very large point somewhere.

I haven't mentioned anything about Her Majesty being as relevant towards international society at all as the Pope. All I've said is that she's simply invited the Pope to come to the UK.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's not welcome by me, murderer and as good as kiddie molester

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Wow! What an aggressive response to an open question! Of course... its religion and that's how many religious people get. Silly me!

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Is Richard Dawkins still trying to have him arrested? I read today that one of his ageing Cardinals is not coming and called the UK a "third world country". I'm sure the UK will be all the poorer for his boycott.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I haven't mentioned anything about Her Majesty being as relevant towards international society at all as the Pope. All I've said is that she's simply invited the Pope to come to the UK.

Wasn't aimed at you at all - just general people who criticise the fact that this is a state visit and say it has no relevance!

Dandyman

In London village.

Like it or not the Queen is Head of State of the United Kingdom - a real country.

The Vatican does not meet the UN requirements for a real state (which is not a suprise as it's statehood was invented in deal between the Roman Church and Italian fascism) and only has observer status at the UN.

John Paul's visit in the 1980s was a pastoral one not a state visit and did not involve the same level of aggression and disdain aimed at the majority of this country's population by the reactionary bigot who will be visiting our country this week.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I saw on the news that they are beatifying Cardinal Newman or something but there is a bit of controversy as he was a bumder apparently.
I just thought Cardinal Newman was the name of a shit school in Brighton that loads of the little twats on NSC attend.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wow! What an aggressive response to an open question! Of course... its religion and that's how many religious people get. Silly me!

Excellent stereotyping, well done. :clap2:

I wasn't aiming that at the original poster, but as it was a debate about the relevance of the state visit, thought I'd add a different perspective that I don't think has been mentioned yet!

But no, seriously, I am an irrational religious nutter, and bow down to your intellectual superiority! :thumbsup:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Well some strong views here. I was holding back in the earlier post and perhaps did not really say what i wanted to say.

HE CAN f*** RIGHT OFF.........Dirty filthy paedos !!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think it's because we're just not a very religious country ???

Yes but the Queen travels the lenth and breadth of the world as paid for by the locals, and the concept of monarchy is essentially a religious one - yet one most people (myself included) would think is ridiculous. I would say the Pope has a lot more influence in the world than she does.

Btw, I agree - I am Catholic but can see that the majority of people won't see the point of this visit - but there is still a large percentage that will.

Dandyman

In London village.
I saw on the news that they are beatifying Cardinal Newman or something but there is a bit of controversy as he was a bumder apparently.
I just thought Cardinal Newman was the name of a shit school in Brighton that loads of the little twats on NSC attend.

Newman in addition to be a closet case was a convert to Rome from the Church of England. If people can't see why a Pope who regards the majority of Christians in this country as heretics is so keen to make him a saint then they need to open their eyes to what game is being played here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here