Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you ADDICTED to the internet?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am starting to worry about how much time I spend online (like now) when I could be doing so many other things. Sometimes I annoy myself that I am online for the sake of it, not for anything important but just flicking around sites with no real importance.

If you totalled up your usage in a week would it shock you? Anyone else questionned the amount they use the web?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
every waking minute of every day - either on my laptop or through my Blackberry , I need help :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Since I got my iPhone and can quickly and easily view NSC yes, I do find myself spending too much time on the web. I do not put in long shifts though, it's more those 10-15 mins gaps in our days that I fill with NSC. I used to pick up a paper or read a book.

Before my iPhone the time it took to fire up my laptop served as a deterrent.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Since I got my iPhone and can quickly and easily view NSC yes, I do find myself spending too much time on the web. I do not put in long shifts though, it's more those 10-15 mins gaps in our days that I fill with NSC. I used to pick up a paper or read a book.

Before my iPhone the time it took to fire up my laptop served as a deterrent.

I too used to read a LOT, however that time now seems to be eaten up on 'teh webz' :(. I may try and limit myslef to an hour a day or summat.

A bit, but it's a necessary evil. Business, personal, sports, news,..... and it's become part of several aspects of my life.

Not so sure if its' a good thing or not, but it doesn't stop me cooking, gardening, going to gigs and pubs and mates' places, other work, sighseeing etc blablabla. So - sometimes an enabler, but sometimes not.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The question is what would you otherwise be doing instead? I rarely watch TV these days as I'm always online. TV is a much greater waste of time, IMO - at least you are interacting on the net.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Not exactly addicted, but I feel compelled to use it in my daily life ( online banking,booking tickets NSC, sports betting, wikipedia etc etc) and to not use it would feel old hat.
I wonder what Tim Berners-Lee makes of it all?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
No,not addicted, but I have spent hours, days, even months online researching those that are. Don't know why, but I just can't stop researching the net as to why someone would be addicted!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yep of course, although I do alot of online gaming so I guess i'm addicted to BROADBAND!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Just create a list of sites you need to look, look at them, and then get away from the screen. Done.
I will be back here in 5 minutes to see if we have made any signings lol

That reminds me, If I need to create a list then I better look for some software to do this and so it goes on..... Another hour wasted downloading crapware.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here