Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a lapsed fan?

Are you a lapsed fan?

• Yes, I have given up on the team and no longer attend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • No. I attend regardless, when I am able to.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • My interest has waned, but I do watch them now and again.

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Unable to attend for other reasons (Financial/Family/Location/etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have been to two matches out of the last 26. I have found better things to do on a Saturday and I have no inclination to watch the team again in the near future (apart from a possible jaunt to The New Den next week).

I have even got to the stage where I could not care less if we stay up or go down. The team I loved and would watch at home religiously is now an insignificant irritant that causes a small and temporary bit of anguish when I check out the result.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll always go, the club needs as much support as it can get.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I know a few people who have this same attitude and it is a bit worrying.
Falmer can not come quick enough.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
There's part of me that wants to stop going. But it's not enough.

I will say I wouldn't go if I didnt have a group of friends to go with where we can deviate the attention from the horror on show.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i had a season ticket for 12 years until 2004 then got one again for 06-07 ....only been to 2 games this season...the football has been shit under Adams but to be fair it was also shit under Mcghee and Wilkins have not enjoyed the football since coppell left.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Can't get to many games given my location but have been to most "northern" away games. I would definitely want a season ticket if I was living in Brighton and would go every week regardless.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not been for an age, can't see when I will next go either. All very sad seems a lot of hassle for a rubbish product with no atmosphere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i had a season ticket for 12 years until 2004 then got one again for 06-07 ....only been to 2 games this season...the football has been shit under Adams but to be fair it was also shit under Mcghee and Wilkins have not enjoyed the football since coppell left.

McGhee did well with what he had and although the football was poor I retained enthusiasm. Wilkins I was willing to allow time as I thought he was being groomed ( :ohmy:) as a long term manager and he'd worked wonders with the youth. The way DW was sacked and the fact that Adams has been such an unmitigated clueless disaster and shadow of the bad tempered self important little man that took no shit from anyone last time he was here, has meant I have lost any enthusiasm to go to games. I am definitely a lapsed fan at the moment.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To an extent, I still go to home games but I've all but stopped going to away games this season compared to the last few years. Not even going to Luton or Millwall, just not worth it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
An interesting post, given that many thought that Adams appointment was about bums on seats. I went to most of the first few home games, but I have to say that my interest has waned. My last two games were Millwall in October, then Leeds last month.

I have things going on in my personal life that would have made it tricky to be there every week, but the fact is, the games I have attended have offered very little quality football (apart from Millwall, 15 mins in the JPT against Orient and a half in the League Cup against Barnet). It's expensive to watch a bad product in bad surroundings.

D

Deleted member 2719

I lost massive respect for Dick Knight over Dean Wilkins sacking and find it very difficult to trust the club under his leadership and will not get the "feel good factor" back about the club until he is removed or he makes amends and reinstates Wilkins with a full and public apology.

Yes i have lapsed.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
People will lose interest during the bad times inevitably, but no fan would say they don't care if we go down or not.

You just seem to be attention seeking to me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
People will lose interest during the bad times inevitably, but no fan would say they don't care if we go down or not.

You just seem to be attention seeking to me.

To be honest, I could not care less how I seem to come across. Quite rich considering you and your little tribe plague the board with you intelligible tripe and babyish musings.

Despite one recent season (last season) of winning more than we have lost, we haven't been a team is ascendency since our promotion to The Championship with McGhee. Obviously there have been some decent performances thrown in, but there have been a huge amount of games at Withdean where we have been out-thought, out-classed or simply unable to break down the opposition. Whilst it is fair to suggest that one should turn up, pay and cheer regardless of the entertainment on show, there is no greater feeling than watching the team win. Maybe we will win more in League Two? Would it be the end of the club if we were relegated? I just don't see it as the be all and end all of the grand scheme of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here