Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we the richest South Coast club now?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I'm not concerned that Tony Bloom is some kind of shyster, just interested in why people seem to think we'll suddenly be splashing the cash, though God knows we'll need it with all the ex Premier League clubs in our division next season.

I know. Oldham and Swindon will be tough.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Am I the only one who recalls that Bill Archer was a wealthy man when he was our chairman?

Not that I'm comparing the two people, as that ground stealing **** was NEVER an Albion fan, BUT the fact is he wasn't short of a penny or two but it made bugger all difference to us.

This is NOT an Abramovich/Dubai investment group situation here. We've been EXTREMELY fortunate to secure the backing of Mr Bloom to ensure that the stadium we have been so desperate for is finally delivered but I have seen NOTHING to suggest that all of a sudden we're gonna be splashing out on players willy nilly and laughing in the face of all our competitors.

We are hardly the only lower league club with a wealthy chairman. I just don't think we should be getting quite so carried away.

Financial security? BRILLIANT

Overblown and unsustainable splurge into the transfer market? No thanks.

Let's just concentrate on what's important here, that it looks as if the potential burden of Falmer has been considerably reduced. I don't think this makes us big time charlies all of a sudden though.

Let's all calm down a bit

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I here what yours saying Bluejuice. But Tony Bloom has said he want Brighton to be in the CHampionship within 2 years. And stay there.

I think its fair to say, we will be buying some players. Not for millions but a few for a few hundred thousand. We, i have no doubt in this either, will also sign some players, as usual, for free. But better ones.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
What a day,we can even look forward to actually signing players, rather than the short term loans,Yabadabadoooooooooooo.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We're clearly not going to be splashing the millions a la Chelsea or Man City. But as others have said, the whole Falmer thing and Tony Bloom's investment only makes sense with on-field success. So I think there will be some investment in the playing side with the aim of getting us into the Championship by the time Falmer opens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here