Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we the fastest singers in the football league?

Danny 4

Apr 10, 2008
If you get the speed right, especially at Home with 20,000 it can sound intimidating and give us an extra edge .

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Can shorten that comment - the new "ultra's" song is stupid. End of. But then again i'm not a 12 year old chinless wonder. I'm all for anything that improves the atmosphere but the 10 or 20 people trying to sing that yesterday might do better singing something that encourages more people to join in.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Until the message gets through to our younger fans, we're stuck with this.
A kiddie behind me yesterday must have created a new record by singing GOSBTS twice as fast as the fast version that was sung.
I cringe hearing this, being a North Stand veteran of the late '60's until the demise of the Goldstone.
I can't describe how wonderful GOSBTS was sung back in the day, compared to the absolute abortion of the song that's sung today.
How does a meet up in a big local pub somewhere, for a '70s North Stand retro singing session sound?
I did a fanzine article a few years ago, featuring the lyrics of lots of songs sung throughout the years that have since been banished to the annuls of history.
I'm sure I could find it, and print out some song sheets?

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Until the message gets through to our younger fans, we're stuck with this.
A kiddie behind me yesterday must have created a new record by singing GOSBTS twice as fast as the fast version that was sung.
I cringe hearing this, being a North Stand veteran of the late '60's until the demise of the Goldstone.
I can't describe how wonderful GOSBTS was sung back in the day, compared to the absolute abortion of the song that's sung today.
How does a meet up in a big local pub somewhere, for a '70s North Stand retro singing session sound?
I did a fanzine article a few years ago, featuring the lyrics of lots of songs sung throughout the years that have since been banished to the annuls of history.

You are bang on mate!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Many are moaning about the North Stand "Ultras" but for the last two games they have made the effort and printed out the CORRECT words to Sussex by the Sea and put them on the seats in the North stand, problem is 90% seemed to ignore the sheets

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
well i must say all you lot must of stayed in Brighton yesterday because this thread is very gay!
love how people always need to find something to moan about, typical English :clap2:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Many are moaning about the North Stand "Ultras" but for the last two games they have made the effort and printed out the CORRECT words to Sussex by the Sea and put them on the seats in the North stand, problem is 90% seemed to ignore the sheets

Really ? Did they run out before they got to the middle because I certainly haven't seen this.
They should be applauded though......the club could almost sort this problem themselves within a few weeks by putting the words on the big screen as the song is played, that way people will soon realise they sound like dicks singing out of sync with the words !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here