Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we safe now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buzza said:
Plymouth are having a dire run at the moment.

5 - 0 thrashings do wonders for your goal difference :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we will stay up.

BUT

Other teams have games in hand so might be closer then people think.

BUT

All the teams in the bottom three are shit so Im sure we will be ok.

Lower mid table beckons.

:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:

Having said that, barring a major turn around is form, luck and bribery, I cannot see the bottom three getting out from where they are presently.

I can see the Gills surviving and Plymouth dropping

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Forrest are signing a few players i think they may well improve.

problem with this league is that every team can beat the others - if we lost a couple of games we might be well in the relegation area again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I can see the Gills surviving and Plymouth dropping

Gills were very unluck yesterday not to have collected 3 points. Injury time equaliser.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think we will be safe but need to win another three games. Worth remembering that Alexei and Chippy are probably going for operations as soon as we are safe so that might limit any ambitions above that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
king Wombat said:
Forrest are signing a few players i think they may well improve.

Forest having an FA Cup replay to contend with is a result. The longer they stay in the Cup the more it drains from their league efforts. Shame Southampton couldn't have got knocked out yesterday so that they could focus on surviving in the Prem at the expense of our pals from South London.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I won't be happy until we are mathematically safe, however I would be really disappointed if we threw our survival away from the position we are in now, mid-table mediocrity beckons. We may not need the 50 points that everyone has been saying would be the minimum to avoid the drop, however we can reach that with just 3 more wins (Millwall, Cov and Roth). I cannot believe we will loose all other 9 games so somewhere in excess of the 50 is more than likely.

Yesterday was an absolute bonus, I was worried that we would lose and what the effect of 3 defeats on the bounce would be on squad morale, can forget that now, reckon it must be soaring again.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The fact that Shaaban wants to sign for the rest of the season this week is going to be a big confidence booster as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gully said:
I would be really disappointed if we threw our survival away from the position we are in now.

If we blow it now it would be an absolute shocker agreed.

Remember though Rotherham, Forest, Gillingham and Plymouth would also need terrific runs which looks highly unlikely given their respective form.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We're not there yet but I am optimistic we soon will be. :wave:
Maybe we should keep asking "Are we safe yet?":D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here