Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we safe now?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
We're well clear of Gills - if results go our way Tuesday night it could be party time i reckon

:dance:

I certainly said to the people around me yesterday that this was the three points that kept us up.

There is no chance of us going down, Plymouth are awful, the Gills not much better and Forest and Rotherham have already gone I think.

The Gills need 11 points to go above us - I doubt they'll get 11 more all season.............

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If the games go right on Tues/Weds we will be nearly there.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
I really believe we're safe now. McGhee has really got the lads believing in themselves now and believing that we are good enough to stay up in this division. Our perfornces have certainly improved as the season has worn on, imo. The confidence and spirit running through the club at the moment are second to none- which was perfectly demonstrated yesterday: after two defeats on the trot we stil keep going and put in a great performance yesterday, hightened by the fact that even with playing with ten men for 2/3rds of the game we stil manage to score and keep 4th placed sunderland at bay until the final ten. I really think this confindence and spirit will carry us through safely now.

McGhee really is a superb manager and i really hope he is the manager that takes us into Falmer WHEN we get it. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
10 points from relegation and 10 points from the playoffs

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yorkie said:

I want to see us in the top half of the table at least once in the second half of the season... :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Gills are going to have to win 4 more games than us in the last 12 . Camt see that happening. If you consider that 50 ish points is the safety barrier, they need to win another 7 games. Not going to happen. We are more or less safe. Only a seriously poor run would put us in the shit. Around 46 points will keep a team up this year.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Technically, no. We need more than 41 points to stay up. But, realistically, i think yes we are safe now. I can't see us getting relegated unless we go on a Hinshelwoodesque run. And that's not going to happen. We need a couple of wins and a few more draws to ensure survival, which is easily achievable with 12 games left. I think we'll finish comfortably above the relegation zone with 55 points.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we'll beat Millwall next Saturday, which will place us in a very comfortable position.

As already mentioned we are NOT technically safe but it would take a massive slump for us to go down now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buzza said:
As already mentioned we are NOT technically safe but it would take a massive slump for us to go down now!

Not forgetting a massive turnaround in form for the other clubs at the bottom.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good point Beachy. Plymouth are having a dire run at the moment.

If it wasn't for Reading being so poor at the moment, Coventry would still be below them!

Last edited:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Yorkie said:

...which makes us the perfect "Salt 'n' Pepper" team...
...happy in the middle of the table

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol: :clap2: :cool:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I will only be happy about this when the calculator says we are safe. From the position we are in, if we go down it will be our own fault, and we will have deserved it. To hit McGhee's target means getting 9 points from the next 36.

Having said that, barring a major turn around is form, luck and bribery, I cannot see the bottom three getting out from where they are presently.

Shit. That's torn it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here