Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we running out of people to BLAME

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Initially it was clear it was Micky Adams to blame last season, and so he went. Then clearly it was Dick Knight and his short arms and long pockets, so he went at end of season, then Slade was clearly only a Red Adair style manager, and not one for the future, so he went, the coaching from the chuckle brothers meant they were useless and had to go too, and so who is left?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Initially it was clear it was Micky Adams to blame last season, and so he went. Then clearly it was Dick Knight and his short arms and long pockets, so he went at end of season, then Slade was clearly only a Red Adair style manager, and not one for the future, so he went, the coaching from the chuckle brothers meant they were useless and had to go too, and so who is left?

Well, Micky Adams ripped the heart out of an extremely promising team and Slade was unable to repair the destroyed morale and losing mentality of the squad.

With an improved backroom staff, and a very promising young manager, I see no reason why things won't improve significantly once Gus has had a chance to buy 2 or 3 new defenders in the January transfer window.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
its clearly the groundsmen how can they be expected to play on that sort of surface, sack the lot of them

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I blame gully's girls.

Still deciding who to blame for poor away performances. Nazi stewards perhaps ? :shrug:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
i've heard the half time tea is appalling, sack the tea ladies.

and as for that 6 year old ballboy who chucked the ball back on too quickly last season, he should go too, with no severance payment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I blame Moses. If he hadn't saved two donkeys, we wouldn't be employing some of their descendants.

Edit: Or Noah. Obviously been a while since I have revisited the 'good book'.

Last edited:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
If I was to look at "blaming" anyone it would be the players themselves for not giving their all. They are in an extremely fortunate position of having their dream career & some of them are just not putting in the effort that is required.
If they don't want to give their all for Brighton & Hove Albion they can "Do one"

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps it might just have something to do with the players? I would imagine one or two of them will be getting quite nervous as to their long term prospects.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think there is a far to high expectation with many fans.

If we don't give Gus a chance then we don't deserve him as manager, simple as that. Sadly a huge step backwards was taken when Adams was appointed which will take over two years to repair so unless we are patient then we are stuck in a loop of total disappointment.

I think Gus will have a major impact but it is clear we have many players low on confidence especially in defence also a league with very good teams in so it may take several seasons to even get to the Championship but we have many fans who believe we are owed a place there.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
If I was to look at "blaming" anyone it would be the players themselves for not giving their all. They are in an extremely fortunate position of having their dream career & some of them are just not putting in the effort that is required.
If anyone of them doesn't want to give their all for Brighton & Hove Albion they can "Do one"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think it's down to the South Stand roach coaches. If they were forced to get rid of that shitty yellow sauce ,things will improve. FACT.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I blame Wilkins for being unfairly and harshly sacked!

D

Deleted member 2719

There is only one man clearly to blame for our demise,but too many are too scared to say his name, *clue cock...in armour.

Before you start on protecting him, i can't be arsed to waste my breath anymore, but you did ask the question.

:wrong:

It's great to see others on this thread seem to be happy we took a thumping tonight,
personally i pissed off.

:tantrum:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I blame Leeds and Norwich for being quite a lot better than us, the fixture computer for giving us this run of games. If Poyet had come in at the start of October I'm pretty confident we'd be higher than we are, we wasted that run of games against shit sides and it put us in a very awkward position. When he gets some proper time on the training ground and some kinder fixtures things WILL be better. Remember, it took a long time for Wilkins to turn around the shit he inherited from McGhee and that was in September, we have a better squad now than we did then but you still can't expect us to be beating the top sides in the division overnight having been so rubbish up until now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is only one man clearly to blame for our demise,but too many are too scared to say his name, *clue cock...in armour.

Before you start on protecting him, i can't be arsed to waste my breath anymore, but you did ask the question.

:wrong:

It's great to see others on this thread seem to be happy we took a thumping tonight,
personally i pissed off.

:tantrum:

how in the name of all that is holy is this Dick Knight's fault?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here