Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we into "end of season itus" yet?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After the quite dreadful game on saturday ( even tank said we were jaded) is anyone else feeling as though hey have had enough of this season already and cant wait for it to end?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dave the Gaffer said:
After the quite dreadful game on saturday ( even tank said we were jaded) is anyone else feeling as though hey have had enough of this season already and cant wait for it to end?

Does that mean the games don't matter anymore ? A bit of a dangerous game to play as we will be playing to gates of less than 4000 if everyone gives it up for the season now.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Does have that sort of feeling to it. A couple more good away trips to be had though: especially Blackpool and Cheltenham - a last day party:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mid table mediocrity sucks...sort it out DK :angry:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
My wallet is definately feeling it, having had 4 away trips and a cup replay in 5 weeks...

Make the most of it as you're gonna be back in the Championship about 12 months after SC leaves :wave: :p :lol:

PS I bet you are f***ing loving it at the moment empty wallet or not *jealous*

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well after saturday, if it appears we are safe, I will forget the last few games of the season and play cricket instead

Certainly the only away game I may go to is Northampton, but again after saturday, if there is nothing on it, then I wont

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dave the Gaffer said:
well after saturday, if it appears we are safe, I will forget the last few games of the season and play cricket instead

Certainly the only away game I may go to is Northampton, but again after saturday, if there is nothing on it, then I wont

Ditto

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

Better hope not too many feel like that, we could be down to 3.5k crowds soon

edit just seen Ernest's post after I posted this.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Are we into "end of season itus" yet?

Ernest said:
A bit of a dangerous game to play as we will be playing to gates of less than 4000 if everyone gives it up for the season now.

I fear that could very well happen. Personally I will still go but another 5 or 6 points could see your prophec come true.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
Better hope not too many feel like that, we could be down to 3.5k crowds soon

edit just seen Ernest's post after I posted this.

on the way out, I was talking to a couple who had not been before( they were asking where the busses were) and one of them said after that performance they would not be coming back!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But on the other hand if we are safe we may see some of the best football yet....after all if there is no pressure you may just see the BOYS come GOOD....???

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
after the three wins ( excellent performance against Orient and Forest - and then lucky but battling performance against the Gills) to present the Withdean faithful with that performance was just not on.

Certainly half way through the second half, ref or no ref, I had had enough

Our long ball shite to no-one in particular was just woerful....and when was the last time we took a decent corner?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lose one game and the hand wringing begins again earnest. :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Silent Bob said:
Lose one game and the hand wringing begins again earnest. :lolol:

it was more the performance than the result...a few people had said we were going to struggle.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I agree with Dave...we were quite frankly dire or to quote Guy - jaded and as a result we never really even troubled City.

The old saying we could still be playing now and not score rings true.

And as THPP says we are not safe yet...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are we into "end of season itus" yet?

Ernest said:
The memories of Stoke last season are still fresh in the mind and people won't be paying £24 to have the piss taken out of them by a team who can't be bothered.

THAT was a team with your mate at the controls though. Not many teams decide to capitulate as soon as the points don't mean anything - and if I were a portsmouth fan I'd be wanting harry out right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here