Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Being Softened Up For An Illegal And Immoral Invasion Of Iran?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Re: Re: Are We Being Softened Up For An Illegal And Immoral Invasion Of Iran?

80's Seagull said:
It wasn't so long ago that Iran captured British soldiers in patrol boats, illegally paraded them on TV and then gave them back whilst keeping the boats and equipment to put on display as trophies.

and that is justification for what eactly ?

and was that boat on their waters ? is there an element of doubt ?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Re: Re: Re: Are We Being Softened Up For An Illegal And Immoral Invasion Of Iran?

Dick Knights Mum said:

and was that boat on their waters ? is there an element of doubt ?

No doubt:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Are We Being Softened Up For An Illegal And Immoral Invasion Of Iran?

Dick Knights Mum said:

Am not justifying anything. The thread merely started with a torent of anti Blair / Bush feeling and claims of bullshit. I was simply pointing out that the Iranians are most probably not blame free and that there is more than one side to a story. I am personally no fan of either Bush or Blair but some people seem so anti the current administrations that they will slate them whatever the case. For the record I beleive an attack on Iran is extremely unlikely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are We Being Softened Up For An Illegal And Immoral Invasion Of Iran?

80's Seagull said:
For the record I beleive an attack on Iran is extremely unlikely.

For the record I believe the US are starting talk up a flimsy case into a reason to launch an attack on Iran. I also believe Blair linking the deaths of British servicemen in Iraq to Iran is part of the same groundwork.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Last thing we need is another war, the military is already stretched. Don't think it'll come to that, Bush's time in power will run out before he gets enough support for it, and we cant go it alone, we'd get battered.

Also, we haven't gone into North Korea because they are slowly beginning to comply with the UN and its likely they have a Geroge Bush Style 'Big Red Button' and enough warheads to tear America a new one.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No, we are hopefully being prepared for a long-overdue attack on Iran. We should not however invade and stay there like we have in Iraq. Just bomb them back to the dark ages.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its amazing how many here are happy to talk shit, posture and display signs of Paranoid Dementia.

The UK/US does not have the immediate resources to invade Iran. Thats not to say it will do nothing.

Iran is a Theocratic, Revelutionary state that is developing nukes and funding global terror. If you clowns are content with that thank f*** none of you will end up in a position of power.

I would guess a sustained air war to remove nuclear capabilities and to prevent any pre emptive attack on Iraq. A month maximum.

Dont remember which clown started this thread but if it was immoral then declaring war on Hitler was as well. And it damn well wasn't illeagal.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
What worries me is that the Yanks are stupid enough to try invading Iran and GW's poodle will drag us into it.
The invasion of Iraq was a near walkover as the Iraqi army had not recovered from the previous war and did not fully support its leader. The Iranians would not roll over so easily and unless the Yanks somehow manage to get a massive coalition together it would end up a disaster.As noone trusts them that wont happen.

More likely they would try strategic bombing raids to take out potential sites. Then even more of the arab World would become more anti western and more recruits would flock to the terror groups.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
3gulls said:
No, we are hopefully being prepared for a long-overdue attack on Iran. We should not however invade and stay there like we have in Iraq. Just bomb them back to the dark ages.
what a cock you are.

Bush is an absolute joke and 100% is only interetsed in the middle east for one reason, OIL.

look at the shit going on in africa, yet you wont find one american troop helping out there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There simply aren't the resources to start picking on Iran. 2,000 British soldiers were sent to Baghdad in order to cover the US troops when they went on sorties. If they can't spare the troops in Iraq, how are they going to be able to mount a war on a country twice the size of Iraq?

Plus the nuclear argument is a bit of a red herring. Iran, by US estimates, won't have the bomb for at least another 10 years.

And when the British Foreign Minister categorically rules out any conflict with Iran, even if he is at loggerhead with the Prime Minister, it shows that there is not the will currently within the British Government for a scrap.

Can't see it happening myself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here