Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Americans ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Wow amazing foresight by the Football League , they want to radically change the structure of results , but cant even implement something as easy as goaline technology !!

:tosser:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Stupid idea, and I may be wrong but I don't think they would be allowed to bring it in anyway by UEFA. UEFA standardised all leagues on 90 mins, 3 points for a win 1 for a draw a while ago and insisted that all member countries comply. Previously there had been several different systems - including penalty shoot-outs in, I think, the Czech league.

My personal favorite was one employed by the Greeks years ago. They gave 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a defeat. The reason was that if a team from a remote area or island was due to play someone like AEK Athens they knew they'd probably get thrashed so they simply didn't turn up. They introduced the '1 point for a defeat rule' to encourage teams to fulfil their fixtures.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Barrel of Fun said:
The only two things they need to change at the moment is stopping players shielding the ball over the deadball line and following the lead of rugby referees. Only talk to the captains and perpetrators, anyone else should be booked.

In fact, perhaps a yellow card should be a sin binning? Would stop time wasting immediatly.

We shoulddo lýke hockey... green card = warning... yellow crad = sin bin (10 mins)..... red card = off

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are rule changes required but not this sort of bollocks. THe only changes I would make to the game are:

1) the use of video technology and a video ref for but only for goal line decisions, offside calls and potential sendings off.

Marginal offside calls should be not be made until a break in play, when the ref could pull play back. I'm tired of fantastic runs by a striker being wrongly pulled back. I'm tired of players trying to get others sent off and the goal line camera is a no-brainer.

2) Fundamental rule change here, but I think a penalty kick should only be awarded when a clear goalscoring opportunity is denied. Otherwise, it's a free kick inside the box.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Simster said:
There are rule changes required but not this sort of bollocks. THe only changes I would make to the game are:

1) the use of video technology and a video ref for but only for goal line decisions, offside calls and potential sendings off.

Marginal offside calls should be not be made until a break in play, when the ref could pull play back. I'm tired of fantastic runs by a striker being wrongly pulled back. I'm tired of players trying to get others sent off and the goal line camera is a no-brainer.

2) Fundamental rule change here, but I think a penalty kick should only be awarded when a clear goalscoring opportunity is denied. Otherwise, it's a free kick inside the box.

Agree with this... the quicker video technology gets in the better.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Introduce penalty shoot outs at the end of the game and that will be the end of football for me.

The match at Crewe showed how good a draw can be and players must take pride in coming away with a point. To then go to penalties is just pathetic!

If they vote to adopt this it will show just how much contempt they have for us the supporters - JUST LEAVE OUR FU**ING GAME ALONE!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Simster said:
In theory maybe but in practice sounds like chaos.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Silent Bob said:
In theory maybe but in practice sounds like chaos.
To get around that, you could limit the number of defending players allowed behind the ball when the freekick is being taken.

Much better than the status quo; watching diving cheating wankers proper time and time again. Where is the incentive for the attacker to stay on his feet if the reward for conning the ref is a penalty kick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here