Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we about to find out if we will be signing Assulin?

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
I would love to see us sign him. True he didn't exactly set the world alight on what he showed in his brief appearances. But I got a feeling at this level if he was settled down here, he could be a major player for us. You don't play 67 times and score 13 goals for Barcelona b-side if you are some sort of carrot and at 21 he is a hell of a prospect.

agree :)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I always thought he looked a class act.....and I still think that

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would love to see us sign him. True he didn't exactly set the world alight on what he showed in his brief appearances. But I got a feeling at this level if he was settled down here, he could be a major player for us. You don't play 67 times and score 13 goals for Barcelona b-side if you are some sort of carrot and at 21 he is a hell of a prospect.
Yep spot on kev,the lad has bags of potential and the one of the two games he did start was the weakest team we put out last season against westham,would be a fabulous addition to the squad.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We already have plenty of players that do his job perfectly well. Waste of wages. And as he played so little how can anyone here possibly know if he's good enough. He didnt look a superstar thats for sure. We have much bigger priorities and i'll be really dissapointed if we sign him.

That's the key point, none of us can, most of us only see about 13 first team players very week for 90 minutes.

If we sign him it'll be because Gus, Tanno, Charlie et al will have seen him in nearly every training session, know his capabilities and using their judgement and experience (which is, hard to believe I know, infinitely better than even NSC's finest) be in the best position to advise Tony who to buy in the light of the kind of team they are trying to build.

Don't be disappointed!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am a real fan - you can never have too much skill in a side - but there is just something in the way he phrased his comment "next season..........and much more" that says to me he is saying goodbye to English football

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Is the right answer.

When this has been discussed before, and his Barca past has been brought up, people have been inclined to slag it off as he "only" played for Barca B. We really will have come a long way when players who were good enough for the second string of one of the biggest sides on the planet aren't good enough for us. It might 'only' be the B team, but that doesn't mean to say they just let any old crap have a game.

Assulin clearly has a lot of potential which has yet to be fully realised, but if we were to get him and Gus, Tanno, Charlie et al could bring out of him what made Barca and Man City want him in the first place, we could have one hell of a prospect on our hands. To my mind, it would be a low risk signing (he'd be unlikely to be on huge money) with the potential for serious reward.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Is the right answer.

When this has been discussed before, and his Barca past has been brought up, people have been inclined to slag it off as he "only" played for Barca B. We really will have come a long way when players who were good enough for the second string of one of the biggest sides on the planet aren't good enough for us. It might 'only' be the B team, but that doesn't mean to say they just let any old crap have a game.

Assulin clearly has a lot of potential which has yet to be fully realised, but if we were to get him and Gus, Tanno, Charlie et al could bring out of him what made Barca and Man City want him in the first place, we could have one hell of a prospect on our hands. To my mind, it would be a low risk signing (he'd be unlikely to be on huge money) with the potential for serious reward.

100% agree. A proper assessment of Assulin. Really hope we get him.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
clearly very gifted but get the impression he has ego issues.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not very impressed with him when he played for us TBH... also, the LAST thing we need is another winger to sit on the bench or in the stands... sorry, but did NOTHING to generate the kind of praise he received by many above... he MAY fulfil his potential, he MAY NOT... we need:

A first choice goalie
A first choice LB
A first choice powerhouse central midfielder
A first choice striker with presence
RB cover (at least)

GA is not any of the above...

No back to the GA unjustified adoration society...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not very impressed with him when he played for us TBH... also, the LAST thing we need is another winger to sit on the bench or in the stands... sorry, but did NOTHING to generate the kind of praise he received by many above... he MAY fulfil his potential, he MAY NOT... we need:

A first choice goalie
A first choice LB
A first choice powerhouse central midfielder
A first choice striker with presence
RB cover (at least)

GA is not any of the above...
I certainly agree with the first four, however, that's not an argument against signing Assulin. It's an argument against signing Assulin and no one else, which I don't think is very likely to happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly agree with the first four, however, that's not an argument against signing Assulin. It's an argument against signing Assulin and no one else, which I don't think is very likely to happen.

May I remind you that we have a budget...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's all over twitter that sky sports have said we are expected to sign assulin by the end of the week. Can anyone confirm this?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
clearly very gifted but get the impression he has ego issues.

I don't get that impression from him at all. His tweets have generally been very chuffed, and excited about any sort of first team involvement, which has come across as pretty grounded tbh.

Are you sure you are not confusing him with Razak?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A good squad player and obviously talented but still a bit raw, maybe a bit more time with us would help. His cameos showed promise although too often a tendency to beat his man then give the ball away. Nooney would still get the nod over him.

However I did enjoy Gai completely nutmegging the full back at Hull - one of the fastest turns I've seen since Wardy (I don't say that lightly) in a split second the full back was left heading 10 yards in the wrong direction while Assulin sprinted off down a now vacant wing, all right in front of the Hull dugout, leaving Barmby shaking his head in embarrasment - te he. Sadly we had no one in the box to get on the end of the cross.

With Buckley and KLL both a bit fragile it wouldn't do any harm to have Assulin - but would he be happy warming the bench?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here