Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are things really going to be THAT diffrent?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Dont get me wrong, Im very happy about this but...

1. Bloom has been putting money into the club for years now (Murray, Owusu, etc...) and there was NO mention of a big transfer budget for Slade to work with.

2. The VAST majority of the money is going on the Stadium, money that we would hav been borrowing from the banks anyway.

3. We still have 2 seasons at Withdean to go and its well known that we loose money on every game there so thats a MINIMUM of 46 games with a big loss to go (more likley to be 50+)

4. Bloom has had a big say in the boardroom for a while (getting rid of McGhee etc) so having more say now wont change the way the board make decisions

YES, we are going to have a new look squad which means there will be some money to spend.

YES we wont be paying intrest on the loan which would save some money but paying £93m in 15 years isnt going to be easy

Call me a pessimist but Im not 100% convinced that things are going to be THAT diffrent!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the fact Falmer is going ahead is the difference.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
God, I read the first line and got bored seriously why is there so many negative threads about, this is a move in the correct direction.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I can understand where you are coming from but DK won't of handed over unless personally convinced....that is good enough for me.

Regarding seeing a difference for ourselves....the stadium then NO as we all thought it was ok anyway.
The team - Yes, Although TB has funded us on the pitch I suspect now he is the main man he will put more in than before, especially as we need to re-build the team anyway

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
God, I read the first line and got bored seriously why is there so many negative threads about, this is a move in the correct direction.

Because all the Knight arse-wipes and apologists don't like the fact he has finally gone.

This is the best news the Club have had since 1983.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But Falmer was going ahead anyway, Bloom hsnt just stumped up the cash because the banks said no, the money was always going to be there.

That's not what Tony Bloom said in his interview with the Argus - they were expecting to raise a substantial amount of the finace from the banks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think you will slowly start to notice changes in the build up to Falmer. Initially I would expect the playing budget to evolve more, and clearly other things are happening in preparation for Falmer, the club shop/ticketing etc.

I also think the general feeling at the club from some staff has been that where Knight ran the club up to about 18 months ago with a clear mission this became muddied in recent times, probably because you had two mens mission all at once. With one man back in charge and with I suspect a new chief exec/MD coming in we should see more consitent thinking and a lot less delay in the decision making processes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another clueless thread.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
That's not what Tony Bloom said in his interview with the Argus - they were expecting to raise a substantial amount of the finace from the banks.

He might have put in more money than he originally intended, but he was always going to put in money.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

No-one's saying that it isn't. But if you remember back to 97-98, not many people were expressing many doubts then but people should have done - you clearly don't remember Bellotti receiving a standing ovation from fans somewhere BITD, for example. If the nature of the club has changed, I personally think that's worth knowing about in some detail.

But Falmer was going ahead anyway, Bloom hsnt just stumped up the cash because the banks said no, the money was always going to be there.

While that is true, there was always doubt, for as long as the financing wasn't completely assured. Now I KNOW that in two years time we are going to have a shiny new stadium.

There is also the fact that I suspect Bloom will convert the loan into shares, meaning by 2025 we could quite possibly be a club with a 22k stadium and no debts.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Because all the Knight arse-wipes and apologists don't like the fact he has finally gone.

This is the best news the Club have had since 1983.

Name me one person who doesn't think that this is a move in the right direction, and As I said in an earlier thread no-one doesn't like the fact knights gone we just respect him for pulling our club from nowhere, Infact name me one person who doesn't like the fact he is gone?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
The banks pulled funding so Bloom stumped up the whole amount INTEREST FREE. 93 million is a lot to pay back over 15 years but 1 million accumalates roughly 30k a year interest so times that by 95 is well a lot of money! Things wont be that different, not really its still the same board with a change at the top. The thing is that Bloom wont call in creditors if the club fail to pay back the loan he will simply revert that into shares, when the club becomes successful i reckon he will float it on the stock exchange, getting his money back.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think a big change is that at some point we may be able to be simple football supporters again - moaning about the team and tactics - rather than being some some of political campaign.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The banks pulled funding so Bloom stumped up the whole amount INTEREST FREE. 93 million is a lot to pay back over 15 years but 1 million accumalates roughly 30k a year interest so times that by 95 is well a lot of money! Things wont be that different, not really its still the same board with a change at the top. The thing is that Bloom wont call in creditors if the club fail to pay back the loan he will simply revert that into shares, when the club becomes successful i reckon he will float it on the stock exchange, getting his money back.

apparently £93million in £10 notes makes a pile 5,580 foot high, which is the same as 429 double decker buses :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here