Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there too many twats in the singing section?.........

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
ive been in the singing area the last 3 game, and at the Tranmere and the Swansea games the atmosphere was ok but at Cheltenham game is was poor.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
bristolseagull said:
obviously you're a singing section seagull that has taken offence- fair enough, i was just trying to point out that the innane bent songs sung by a few in the singing section are rather gay- and do little to generate an atmosphere.

albion songs are generally sung by the majority of the south stand- perhaps thats a better idea than singing songs about how much we hate stewards? and how all way fans are w@nkers?

You are wrong in your assumption that I am a 'singing section Seagull'

However I do not find their singing offensive, in fact I find it quite amusing!
Why take things so seriously ? After all is it not better to have them in the ground than not at all?
As I mentioned earlier we need as many fans at home as we can get, so what if they sing a few silly songs!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Nah, im not taking it seriously- i do have a sense of humor, but i have to listen to the drivel spouted for 90 minutes, just annoys me, when chants of 'susex by the sea' go up- everyone in the singing section sings and its all good, but then 3 people will start up something stupid and think ts the funniest thing in the world,

which generally it aint.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
bristolseagull said:
Nah, im not taking it seriously- i do have a sense of humor, but i have to listen to the drivel spouted for 90 minutes, just annoys me, when chants of 'susex by the sea' go up- everyone in the singing section sings and its all good, but then 3 people will start up something stupid and think ts the funniest thing in the world,

which generally it aint.

Agreed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
ive been in the singing area the last 3 game, and at the Tranmere and the Swansea games the atmosphere was ok but at Cheltenham game is was poor.

which I would argue bears a direct correlation to the standard of football.

When people get bored, like Saturday, the silly songs come out.

having said all that, I know a few people who have moved further down the SS due to some of the chanting, which i seem to remember led to some heated exchanges! ...." You're too ugly to be gay.." is very funny " Come and get it up the arse" I venture is less so.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
bristolseagull said:

which generally it aint.

Sit somewhere else then :angry:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dave the Gaffer said:
which I would argue bears a direct correlation to the standard of football.

When people get bored, like Saturday, the silly songs come out.

having said all that, I know a few people who have moved further down the SS due to some of the chanting, which i seem to remember led to some heated exchanges! ...." You're too ugly to be gay.." is very funny " Come and get it up the arse" I venture is less so.

Agreed again.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bristolseagull said:

which generally it aint.
In order to make you happy, even if it's at the expense of creating a bit of much-needed atmosphere - how would you like people to behave?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Man of Harveys said:
In order to make you happy, even if it's at the expense of creating a bit of much-needed atmosphere - how would you like people to behave?

er...........read the thread, i think i make my point pretty CLEAR.

do you sit in the singing section?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bristolseagull said:
er...........read the thread, i think i make my point pretty CLEAR.

do you sit in the singing section?
No offence but you don't make it that clear, to be honest. And you might call it that but I prefer to call it the NORTH STAND.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Man of Harveys said:
No offence but you don't make it that clear, to be honest. And you might call it that but I prefer to call it the NORTH STAND.

oh, everyone else sees to understand it clearly enough.

you call the singing section the NORTH STAND?

what- as in the goldstone?

i dont really get it.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Aids wants to contribute

he pm me:

I sit in the singing section, I didn't go Saturday as I was working but did you sing?

Just find it a bit annoying when we bother to make some noise and you buggers complain!

Move then

i take your point mate, and yes i do sing, i'd just rather we sung proper albion songs - as we did in the good old goldstone days, i just think more people would join in if we sung some original albion songs, rather than the wekly moan about stewards etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here