Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any TELLYBOX programmes worth watching these days?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
bbc 3 are re-running the first series of flight of the conchords. best comedy since the office. can't wait for series 2!! :clap2::clap2:
flight460.jpg

I really want to like this but I can't get more than a chuckle out of it. I think it is the guy with glasses, he freaks me out. I genuinely feel a bit queesy when he is on screen.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There were 2 great films on channel 4 on consecutive nights, Pans Labyrinth and Croupier. I love Prison Break, Heroes, Secret millionaire and my dirty secret is Britain's Best Dish (the presenter always looks really hacked off when he doesn't get to taste the offerings, I keep expecting the drool to slide down the side of his mouth) and I hate the judges apart from the goofy one who likes puddings a lot

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I heard Skins was coming back for a 3rd series - worth watching out for

completely new cast mind :(

spend most my evening flicking between dave and the dirty channels if there is nothing on Sky Sports..

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Mutual friends I mentioned earlier but i have also really taken a liking to Harry & Paul now. Didn't want to like it but it really growson you. the Polish girls, the football manager, the rather strange black & white 'writer' sketch....

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I am irritated to the point of madness about the lack of anything worth watching anytime ever on TV these days.

I've always liked Dragon's Den as easy to watch, cheap to make TV but that's literally the only programme that's been on recently I've made the effort to watch out for. Other than The Simpsons which I'll always watch if I'm in when it's on, but even then it's not as if I've not seen every single episode over a hundred times already, and when they play the more recent episodes I'm only left disappointed anyway.

As a result the TV in my flat is just left on with absolute drivel playing as my flatmates watch the incessant stream of shite that comes out of BBC 3, Channel 4 et al because I have no better suggestions.

They watched The Sex Education Show again tonight and I had to leave the room, rembering it from last week. Utterly dreadful to the point of making me feel uncomfortable.

There was once a time you would look forward to certain evenings as you knew there was a whole feast of entertainment lined up on the box but those days appear to be long gone.

The only big-budget TV shows I like you can't get on regular TV anyway and I end up downloading them or watching on DVD (24 and Prison Break) and the only comedy series to have surfaced of late that's made me smile even slightly is Flight of the Conchords, and even then it's not laugh out loud funny, just good cult following fun.

Comedy sketch shows and sitcoms seem to have died a death for one reason or another and in their absence is nothing to tempt me to stay in of an evening.

Just wish I could afford all the sports channels and I'd simply dine on football, rugby, cricket or sports magazine shows each day.

It's great that hard disk recorders and online streaming have changed the convenience of TV but it seems to have come about at a time when there is so little worth making time for that it's almost pointless. I end up rewatching shows made over the last 10 years rather than looking forward to anything to have recently come out of the production studios.

Where are today's equivalents of:

Nathan Barley
The Day Today
Alan Partridge
Brass Eye
The Friday Night Armistice
Fist of Fun
Spaced
Early Doors
Blackadder
Monkey Dust

? ? ?

Having said all that I have to admit I can't wait for the new series of Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe which should be popping up on BBC 4 next month I believe.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Restaurant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here