Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Are there any non-stick pans that actually last??

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I had one of those hard anodised (analon?) pans given to me by a friend who was a cookware rep.
I thought I was treating it carefully but trashed coating within year.
I think non stick pans are for people who don't really cook.

You are of course right. I know of people who can burn water, :lolol:

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
After buying 2 new non-stick frying pans through John Lewis in June, they are both already starting to stick, so I am sending them back and looking for some that will actually last.

I always wash them carefully, don't over heat and don't use metal utensils but despite claims the non-stick never seems to last. Happy to pay more for one that does rather than re-buy every year.

Anyone have a make / supplier they would recommend?
Le Creuset

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our Le Creuset non-stick frying pans have given us 9 years of heavy use. The Teflon is still largely in tact.

I've had 2 Le Creuset non stick of different sizes that have been fine. The smaller one they sent a new one after the first one the teflon started peeling off round the edges - they accepted a manufacturing fault. I trimmed it off and it's now our camping frying pan.

The larger one isn't great, can't blame Le Creuset for that though, after cooking pan cakes on full heat, my son decided to put the pan back on the hob without turning it off...hardly the pans fault it had 30mins plus full heat scorching, only the smoke alarm prevented any further damage or the house burning down! :moo:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Have an Ernesto stainless steel non stick frying pan from Lidl and I have to say it is probably one of the best frying pans I have ever had. Had it for about 3 years now, its still non sticky with great heat distribution as well and I think it was only £15 to!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Non stick pans last for years if treated correctly, wipe them clean with a sponge, do not use detergent or any abrasive brushes or pads, and under no circumstances put them in a dishwasher. I have a tefal pan which cost £15 2 years ago, it gets used several times a week and still looks immaculate. There’s absolutely no need for expensive pans if you look after them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Csu-AGBXYAADzHK.jpg

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Get anodised aluminium. It's non stick without the thin layer.

Or get stainless steel and stop burning the food

:moo:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
We use Tefal stuff in our (professional) kitchen, very robust considering the wear and tear plus our troglodyte Kitchen Porter's man(pan) handling, but also economical when you inevitably need them replacing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Have you thought about giving up fried food? it might be healthier and cheaper?

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Another vote for Circulon. You can sometimes find good deals on a set . Individually expensive. I picked mine up from Costco.
Also have a baking tray set. They are excellent.

Mine are fairly new and replaced a set I had before which lasted around 12 years. So not indestructible but really good.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
It's very frustrating that they mostly have no respect for quality items or other people's possessions and use whatever is to hand rather than the correct tools. Dinner knives as screwdrivers is another example of many.

I could make a lengthy list of things that annoyed me there but my top two have to be:

- They're ridiculously slow doing anything. I'm sure the guy is still there now checking me out of the hotel I was in last November.

- Having to queue up in a massive line for the one person in charge of a till, to then take your receipt to the counter with 5 people standing around bored to get your coffee/food/drink/whatever. In the end I stopped bothering because by the time I got to the front of the line I'd forgotten the name of whatever it is I wanted, or I just couldn't be bothered to wait 10 minutes to pay for an espresso I hadn't even drank yet. Worse than paying before, is going to a table service bar where the bill is always wrong (no matter how nice the place or area), then going to wait in line with every other arse hole in the place at the end of the night to pay. 40 minutes every time without fail spent waiting to pay because the bar has closed and nobody can take cash except two people in a shed. Absolute buzz killer.

Other than that, yeah great place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had 2 Le Creuset non stick of different sizes that have been fine. The smaller one they sent a new one after the first one the teflon started peeling off round the edges - they accepted a manufacturing fault. I trimmed it off and it's now our camping frying pan.

The larger one isn't great, can't blame Le Creuset for that though, after cooking pan cakes on full heat, my son decided to put the pan back on the hob without turning it off...hardly the pans fault it had 30mins plus full heat scorching, only the smoke alarm prevented any further damage or the house burning down! :moo:

We had a microwave incident when my daughter put a small item of food or drink in it for a bloody long time. :angry:

Only stopped when I smelt burning from another room. It took ages to rid the kitchen of this horrendous burnt plastic smell.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We use Tefal stuff in our (professional) kitchen, very robust considering the wear and tear plus our troglodyte Kitchen Porter's man(pan) handling, but also economical when you inevitably need them replacing.

We used to use Tefal pans in one of the kitchens I worked in down in Newquay, they could be used 30-40 times a day and were immaculate if treated properly, but as you’ve said, dish pigs can often be reckless with chemicals and scourers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here