Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
card.jpg

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I booked flgiths to dublin with them last night, cost £29 return, after I had taken off all the baggage, check in, no meals, i will only stand up once taxes. I then clicked on to pay for it, then they charged another £9 just to use my debit card, so it went up to £38.

One was not amused

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they've taken the whole no frills budget airline idea too far already. i cant believe they would seriously consider this. I will never fly with them, since you simply dont know what extras you'll be lumbered with after getting your "cheap" ticket.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
O leary has been on the radio saying well you have to pay 20p to use the loo at Liverpool Street station.

He obviously hasnt seen what that policy leads to on Essex commuter trains on a Friday night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
and they are a fraction of the price..

Actually I'd disagree there, we are flying to Jersey for a few days over easter and after working out that once you added on all the extra's that easyjet were going to charge for, it worked out more or less the same as BA, so we are flying BA. I was also able to book the flight much earlier as I was fed up with waiting for easyjet to release the flights for booking.

From the BBC link:

'Last week Ryanair confirmed it planned to close all of its airport check-in desks by the end of the year in a bid to reduce the cost of its flights.'

Presumabley this means you will have to check in online, then just go to a bag drop counter at the airport like you can already with Virgin and BA. That, to be honest, is a good thing (as long as you have internet access).

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I flew to America once and got a conecting flight with columbian airlines which was by the worst ive flown, not a word of english and they insist you jump out over Texas with someone else`s suitcase.....very distressing !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I fly regularly with all the economy airlines for short trips.

As long as you know what to expect the cheapos are ok for flights of an hour or so. I always check in on line. I never take more than a small holdall to carry on. Dont expect good service but get from a to b for a fraction of the price.

Not much between them - I use BMI the most and they and easyjet are marginally better than ryanair but there is nothing much in it. Go to the toilet before boarding and dont try to read anything. shut your eyes and daydream for the time it takes.

They are usually reasonably on time but often go to the secondary airports which is fine if you aren't in a rush and can hire some wheels

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've flown with EasyJet once, to Rome, and they were fine. But that's when everything ran as it should.

I recently had the misfortune to be involved with an EasyJet flight where they had a problem with a couple of passengers, and I've got to say, their customer service was appalling, even now I still can't believe how bad they were. They had a hundred or so other passengers sat on the aircraft for two hours while a few of their crew members threw a fit because of some perceived slight. They didn't seem remotely bothered about telling the rest of the passengers what was going on, or why their flight was still sitting on the stand long after it was supposed to have departed. None of the crew, even the captain, would make a decision about anything, let alone take responsibility for the situation.

The most surprising thing for me is that it was a flight bound for Italy, with dozens of Italians on the aircraft, yet not a single member of their crew spoke the language. What if somebody has a medical problem in-flight? What if there's an emergency? Are they going to have to drag a bi-lingual passenger up to tell people how to exit through the smoke and fumes? When I worked for BA years ago, it was policy that all flights had to have at least one member of crew on board who spoke the language of the destination country. I'm told this is too expensive for EasyJet. The result was that the Italians on board the plane became (understandably) more and more irate, the crew got even more stroppy, and everyone else had to wait even longer while entire crew had to be replaced. And how did they deal with this on the ground? They closed their customer service desk so they wouldn't have to speak to anyone angry :rolleyes:

It seems that you're OK with the budget airlines as long as nothing goes wrong...but if it does, then don't hold your breath for anything to get done, let alone any kind of recompense.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
A man was sitting in the bar at Heathrow and noticed a really beautiful woman sitting next to him.

He thought to himself. ‘Wow, she’s so gorgeous she must be an air hostess. I wonder which airline she works for.’

Hoping to find out, he leaned towards her and uttered the Delta Airline slogan. ‘Love to fly and it shows?’ She gave him a blank, confused stare and he thought to himself. ‘Well, she obviously doesn’t work for Delta.’

A moment later, another slogan popped into his head. So he leaned towards her again and said, ‘Something special in the air?’ She gave him the same confused look.

He mentally scratched Singapore Airlines off his list. He thought ‘Perhaps she works for Thai Airways…’ and said ‘Smooth as silk?’

This time, the woman turned on him and said, ‘What the f**k do you want?’
The man smiled, slumped back in his chair and said. ‘Ahhhhh, Ryanair!’

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You get what you pay for.

Cheap and nasty. Or very cheap and very nasty.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I use Ryanair on a regular basis, they are mega cheap and no-one price-wise in the industry including Easyjet.... gets close to them in my expiereince and they provide a decent service. Also due to no seat allocation I 9/10 get a exit seat with loads of leg room.

If they want to add on silly things thats up to them, it still makes them the cheapest and ive never had a delayed flight with them.

Aslong as their prices stay stupidly low which if you book in advance then im happy to pay a quid for a slash.

Everyone has obviously got there own agenda why they may not use them, I guess some people are too stuck up and want a better service, for that you pay and im more interested in the price.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
some of you make me laugh, about 15 years ago the cheapest flight to Dublin from Gatwick was about £80, now it's a tenner. What would it take to please you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here