Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Ryanair taking the piss?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dont fly them, I never have and never will!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Airline run by a **** , would no more fly them than choose to stay in a pigsty overnight rather than a hotel.

They were talking about not bothering with windows in their planes recently

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
British Airways are going to start charging £7.50 to use the loo. I'm sticking with Ryanair.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With ideas like this it's no wonder Ryanair are going down the pan...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ryanair are just trying to reduce the cost of flying, which they have been pretty successful at. I have used them a couple of times, and they were spot on. Most of their flights are and hour or two at the most, I can normally manage to avoid using the bog for that long. The guy make sme laugh, he is tearing the likes of BA a new one. The likes of Ryanair, Easyjet and BMI are far more reliable then the established airlines, and they are a fraction of the price. Don't say you'll never use them, why do that? If you are going somewhere they fly to, you might even find you are on time, and a better off in the pocket.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's potty - just papering over the cracks

smellis

Sep 22, 2008
Ninfield, nr Battle
I have just had several Irish relatives over, all flew with Ryanair at different times and paid various differences in prices when they booked the same day!

Cowboys!

Easyjet are BRILLIO.

The main problem I have with Ryanair is all the additional charges on, say, a '99p' flight. It often ends up around £50 with fuel, baggage and check-in costs. Plus, the two times I have flown with them the landings have been HORRENDOUS, the pilot SLAMMING the plane onto the runway and then breaking so hard there was debris (well, cans of drink and the odd bag), ROLLING down the cabin.

Their website is also a bit wank.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ryanair are just trying to reduce the cost of flying, which they have been pretty successful at. I have used them a couple of times, and they were spot on. Most of their flights are and hour or two at the most, I can normally manage to avoid using the bog for that long. The guy make sme laugh, he is tearing the likes of BA a new one. The likes of Ryanair, Easyjet and BMI are far more reliable then the established airlines, and they are a fraction of the price. Don't say you'll never use them, why do that? If you are going somewhere they fly to, you might even find you are on time, and a better off in the pocket.

They make no bones about the fact that the are cheap and nasty and therefore you should not be expected to be treated as a reasonable human being, they can go f*** themselves as far as I am concerned. I don't care how cheap they are I'd far rather fly with an airline that gives me a seat number, doesn't charge me for a soft drink and treats me with a little respect. BA do that just fine and don't have an MD who thinks he's a f***ing comedian

I've never flown BMI, so can't comment, but Easyjet are FAR FAR FAR superior to Ryanair, so superior that it's like comparing getting a stagecoach bus to being taken in a stretched limo.

Ryanair flights in my experience are always flying late, they have all-foreign cabin staff who speak questionable english (and so are hard to understand), my luggage also weights mysteriously more on the flight back than the flight out (which of course pushes it into excess baggage territory). Easyjet on the other hand are fantastic; flights are on time, aircraft are newer and cleaner, no luggage problems, etc. I would rather pay an extra £100 and fly with someone vaguely competent than take a shitty Ryanair flight ever again.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
They make no bones about the fact that the are cheap and nasty and therefore you should not be expected to be treated as a reasonable human being, they can go f*** themselves as far as I am concerned. I don't care how cheap they are I'd far rather fly with an airline that gives me a seat number, doesn't charge me for a soft drink and treats me with a little respect. BA do that just fine and don't have an MD who thinks he's a f***ing comedian

A load of my mates went to Germany recently. Return flights for 14 people, INCLUDING taxes was 28 pence, total, for all of them! I don't know how they do it and to be fair I couldn't really care if the landing was a bit rough or the hours of so flight wasn't especially comfy, for that money I can put up with it.

That said if I was goin away with a bird or family I'd probably choose someone a little better. At the end of the day it's all about where you see the added value. If the diffference is £20 to fly BA i'd do it, if the difference is £120 i'll fly budget

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Ryanair is my least favourite airline. Having used various low-cost airlines for several years and seen their prices constantly increase, I've now started to use BA. You can book up to 355 days in advance and their prices start low. I've paid just over £50 each way to go to Austria next year. Sports equipment such as skis, boots and golf-clubs are free and you get complimentary snacks, drinks and newspapers, plus a reserved seat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Convincing passengers this is reaonable will take some doing. I think Ryanair might have a job on their hands...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easyjet are BRILLIO.

The main problem I have with Ryanair is all the additional charges on, say, a '99p' flight. It often ends up around £50 with fuel, baggage and check-in costs. Plus, the two times I have flown with them the landings have been HORRENDOUS, the pilot SLAMMING the plane onto the runway and then breaking so hard there was debris (well, cans of drink and the odd bag), ROLLING down the cabin.

Their website is also a bit wank.

What Safeway said, well the Easyjet bit anyways. Can't vouch for Ryanair cos can't see me ever flying with an airline where the bossman patently DESPISES his customers and is actively seeking to rip them off at every turn.

Easyjet ARE brillio. Worth it for the bacon bloomers ALONE :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ryanair is my least favourite airline. Having used various low-cost airlines for several years and seen their prices constantly increase, I've now started to use BA. You can book up to 355 days in advance and their prices start low. I've paid just over £50 each way to go to Austria next year. Sports equipment such as skis, boots and golf-clubs are free and you get complimentary snacks, drinks and newspapers, plus a reserved seat.

I've started to do the same, it's come full circle. Especially if you've got baggage, and any of those extras, the difference in cost soon evaporates and you're flying with a much better airline that includes more and will get you home if anything goes wrong.

I mention that because I've been in a situation with Ryanair abroad where something did go wrong, and they don't have the planes, or frankly the will, to get people back. People were offered alternatives, from a grounded flight, that were in some cases 2/3 days later from up to 400 miles away. I ended up paying another £120 with another airline.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BA + Airmiles is an unbeatable combo IMHO. A pox on NatWest Mastercard for switching to their worthless Own Brand equivalent last year. If I can ever be arsed, I'll be switching credit cards on purely that basis :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here