Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Religious People Nutters?

During BBC interview with BLAIR, he raised

"You talk about it (religion) in our system and, frankly, people do think you're a nutter. I mean … you may go off and sit in the corner and … commune with the man upstairs and then come back and say 'right, I've been told the answer and that's it'."

Personally, I agree with Blair here, he's a nutter. This man upstairs, was it Gordon Brown? If it was "God", sorry Blair he doesn't exist!

Actually, if God, did exist and he was solely Christian, then should you be taking the advice of someone with such a vested interest, in areas of Policy such as Iraq.

Blair's confession alarms me, last night he failed to outline any explicable, justifiable and concrete reason why we - the UK - got involved with Iraq. Unless it was part of his Christian Crusade to remove unbelievers from the middle east.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely the main point about this is that Blair was dishonest - or at the very least 'ecumenical with the truth' (thank you) - about his faith, believing, rightly or wrongly, that it would see him ridiculed. And if he was dishonest about that, what else did he conveniently leave out?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Blair should have been more concerned about the plight of our non christian friends living in Britain before he got involved in the politics of the world.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think 'nutters' is an odd term to use, but being a complete non-believer religious people do worry me. To quote Douglas Adams "Why can't I look at a garden and see that it's beautiful without having to believe that there are faries at the bottom of it too". Read Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion" best book I've read this year.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
to believe that you can derive the meaning of life, and all your morals, from a sacred text that may or may not have been written thousands of years ago, is nuttier than squirrel turd.

to incorporate these teachings into government is wildly illiberal. the 'church' and state (and so, education) must always stay separate. you cannot govern fairly otherwise.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who are the biggest nutters ?

Christian nutters or Muslim nutters. I think Muslims have the most top boys but Christians have a decent firm.

Budhists are muppets though, they are always on their toes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Blair should answer to the people of his country, act for the greater good of humanity and take up a battle for the RIGHT and LEGAL reasons, not for some calling from a mythical control freak that does not play a part in a large amount of peoples lives.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
to believe that you can derive the meaning of life, and all your morals, from a sacred text that may or may not have been written thousands of years ago, is nuttier than squirrel turd.

to incorporate these teachings into government is wildly illiberal. the 'church' and state (and so, education) must always stay separate. you cannot govern fairly otherwise.

so, from where do you derive the meaning of life and your morals ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:falmerspi

How dare you come on here a prodominately Christian messageboard and spout your poisonous Atheist diatribe.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Why should there be a meaning of life, and as for morals, the bible is hardly a good guide. Take one of the commandments - "Thou shall not kill", I'm no expert but apparently if you actually read the bible that applies only to Jews, it is quite alright to kill non-jews. And as for all that begatting all over the place, blimey

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
what makes you so very sure that a God does not exist ?

There is tangible evidence to suggest that God did not create the earth and all the creatures on it. Is there any evidence that God does exist? Creating the earth and mankind was supposed to be his finest work, but it seems that it may have happened naturally. We have been MISLED!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Blair should answer to the people of his country, act for the greater good of humanity and take up a battle for the RIGHT and LEGAL reasons, not for some calling from a mythical control freak that does not play a part in a large amount of peoples lives.
Got to agree with that. People are free to believe what they like, but should someone who makes decisions on such an illogical basis really be allowed to run a country?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
There is tangible evidence to suggest that God did not create the earth and all the creatures on it. Is there any evidence that God does exist? Creating the earth and mankind was supposed to be his finest work, but it seems that it may have happened naturally. We have been MISLED!

Evidence !!? show me Sir.... I would love to see it

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

firstly, there is no meaning to life. this is a hard concept to accept, because it would be much nicer for us all to have a purpose. this is one of the reasons man invented god. god gives us purpose. the meaning to life is to enjoy yourself, make friends, fall in love, have children, etc. if you cannot derive meaning from this, i pity you.

my morals are derived mostly from the 'nurture' i have been exposed to. they are instilled in me by my friends, my family, the society in which i live. it can be argued that some are inherent, or intuitive. so some morals, i may have been born with. i certainly do not know how to be 'good' by reading it in a book. and if this is your motive for altruism, it denigrates your actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here