Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Plymouth the best supported team in Cornwall................

Simster said:
Plaid Kernow (or whatever they're called) polled only 2% of the popular Cornish vote last time out. Not a massive independence movement it would seem...
No. But that doesn't make them feel English.

I've had letters from Cornish relatives addressed to

... Firle
East Sussex
England

:)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i must admit that b4 xmas i went to manu v southampton with a manc and i couldnt believe how many coachs from devon we drove past on the way to ot,they have a massive fan base down their

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where do you think the "wally" bit in Cornwall comes from?

It is because they are Welsh! (Well Brythonic anyway).

:smokin:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
hove born&bred said:
Does any one remotely care that two of the officals on Saturday when we play Plymouth in Plymouth in Devon are from nearby counties of Cornwall and Somerset:angry:

Is the ref on Sat. Martin Bodenham by chance, coz he used to live in Brighton;)

Super Stripes

Jul 7, 2004
Having lived down here since December I have been impressed with the plymouth support both locally and from Cornwall. Always plenty of green shirts around the city centre, and a traffic jam on the Tamar Bridge around 1 hour before kick off, the local paper is always in support of the team and the radio Devon commentator is a so biased towards argyle that it is laughable(i nearly threw my radio out of the window when they played us earlier in the season, he was laughing at our ground and performance and his co-commentator had to tell him to calm down, I complained to the radio station but had no reply) they also make plenty of noise. There are a lot of Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea so called supporters around but they have never been to a game, the real footy fans down here follow argyle, if we sing up it will be a cracking atmos as I have been dissapointed with a lot of home support this season, but not tomorrow,the Argyle fans know the importance of tomorrows game and are well up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here