Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are people on this forum wrong in the head?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I ask, because on THIS thread:

Old Trafford to host 2011 League One and League Two Play-Off Finals........

You have lots of people making comments along the lines of: "It doesn't matter to us, we're going straight up"

And then a little while later this thread pops up:

Haha - look at the saints comments re: old trafford

Where they are twats, knobheads e.t.c. e.t.c. for making the exact same comments as us, when they almost certainly will go up automatically...

Can someone please just explain to me why nobody bats an eyelid whenever one of our players says something like 'it would be good to go up' or gus says 'the best is yet to come' yet when a saints player says something like that you automatically get a 5 page long thread full of people up in arms over their sheer arrogance. When Tony bloom said last season the aim was automatic promotion this season, did saints start a thread full of people up in arms over our sheer arrogance. No they didn't.

Basically, stop being a bunch of f***ing hypocrites, of course saints fans are ambitious, so are we, reading half the NSC threads you'd think we'd already been handed the trophy.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

You have lots of people making comments along the lines of: "It doesn't matter to us, we're going straight up"

Where they are twats, knobheads e.t.c. e.t.c. for making the exact same comments as us, when they almost certainly will go up automatically...

Can someone please just explain to me why nobody bats an eyelid whenever one of our players says something like 'it would be good to go up' or gus says 'the best is yet to come' yet when a saints player says something like that you automatically get a 5 page long thread full of people up in arms over their sheer arrogance. When Tony bloom said last season the aim was automatic promotion this season, did saints start a thread full of people up in arms over our sheer arrogance. No they didn't.

Basically, stop being a bunch of f***ing hypocrites, of course saints fans are ambitious, so are we, reading half the NSC threads you'd think we'd already been handed the trophy.

You're already in for most sensible post of the year.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Faux outrage has reached alarming levels in football (and everything else, come to that).

The other night Danny Kelly was talking about this on talkSPORT, saying that if Shankly had made his witty crack today about there being two great teams in Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves, there would have been days of coverage in the press of Everton feeling outraged and snubbed, and demanding public apologies left, right and centre.

Thin-skinned hypocrites we don't need, it's a bit of football banter FFS, and we don't seem to take it anywhere near as well as we dish it out IMO.

Some of our fans' obsession with Southampton is laughable. They don't hate us, they hate Portsmouth. Move on.

This. The muppets on here trying to create some kind of rivalry with Saints just makes us look tin pot.

It's the same morons that think we've got some kind of 'beef' with Leeds and Charlton (but for some reason suck up to Millwall).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Let me ask you, are the people slagging off Stains the same people who are saying we're going straight up ? I'd try getting your facts straight before wading in with a post like yours.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
unlikely to be much in the way of competition given that this is NSC :)

I just read your other Severnside.

Wow, the winner already, and it's only January.

You are 100% right with the issue, and it seems it's being noticed, and therefore, hopefully dealt with.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I agree that it is a little hypocritical to call be calling Saints fans arrogant with the way some Albion fans carry on...But then again, I am all for arrogance and with the position we are in and the way we are playing we have almost earned the right to be cocky.

I am also not that sure anyone is trying to create a rivalry with Southampton...They will never be our main rivals even if they wanted to, Palace will always be number 1. But it is interesting this season because they are challenging us for the title and as they are only down the road it does add a bit of a spice. It would not be like this if we are in different divisions or even at opposite ends of the table...They would just be another local rival like Portsmouth or Bournemouth. Don't get me wrong, I would rather see them all lose as opposed to win but at the end of the day it does not matter and nothing like hearing that Palace have lost.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Let me ask you, are the people slagging off Stains the same people who are saying we're going straight up ? I'd try getting your facts straight before wading in with a post like yours.

Ok but do you concede that a lot of our fans must also be Twats for having the exact same opinion as a lot of Saints fans?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This. The muppets on here trying to create some kind of rivalry with Saints just makes us look tin pot.

It's the same morons that think we've got some kind of 'beef' with Leeds and Charlton (but for some reason suck up to Millwall).
This.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At the same time Southampton are our promotion rivals for the next few months... Also f*** pointing out these double standars shit - We're BRIGHTON. If an Albion fan and a SCC fan wrote the same comment i'd not look twice at the albion one but would get annoyed at the arrogance of the SCC fans comments - That's called being football fans no?! Es Complicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here