Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Macs really that great?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
One thing about this argument, No one has said they were a Mac user and it was so frustrating so they moved to a windows machine instead and they are now happy.

Think that says it all, very few unhappy Mac customers.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I have a macbook. It does everything I want it to, edits video which is obviously my main priority. My older macbook pro lasted for 5 years till I spilt water on it. They are brilliant machines. It is well worth the extra price.

Feb 21, 2009
Guys... What are the best and worse Nvidia graphics to get for the macs, i too have been looking, and unsure on the graphic specs, for example nvidia 320 or 9400??

Thanks in advance

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have an imac bought it last June absolutely superb far superior to windows !

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Guys... What are the best and worse Nvidia graphics to get for the macs, i too have been looking, and unsure on the graphic specs, for example nvidia 320 or 9400??

Thanks in advance

The 320m is a better card than the 9400m, but better still are the ATI cards that the current range is equipped with. If you're getting an older model with an Nvidea card though, it goes roughly like this: 9600m > 320m > 9400m.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They are fantastic for people who don't understand how computers work.

Not always, the reason that there are so many Macs in Offices is purely the fact that they have out gunned PCs in graphics for years. I have met some PC users who would argue that but that's just my opinion. The reason that few organizations have many of them is purely cost. Ipads completely wipe the floor with any 'rivals' though. Mind you if you have the money, you're better off with a Mac. However it's fair to say that they are not quite as bullet proof as some people might think. They can break down and yes some do get viruses, both of these matters are rare though but not exactly unheard of.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
One thing about this argument, No one has said they were a Mac user and it was so frustrating so they moved to a windows machine instead and they are now happy.

To be fair that probably partly because Macs are a lot more expensive meaning most people don't buy a mac unless they want something that does what a mac does well. If my job, for example, was in graphic design, the issues I have with macs would be far outweighed by how much better they are in that field.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I have. I had a Mac that was so unreliable that I ditched it and bought a PC - never looked back. I'm on my third PC in 21 years and not a problem with them - gave my first one to a mate and last I heard it was still going OK 15 years after I bought it.

In fact, I've dumped Macs three times over their unreliability and propensity to break down. I've joined two companies where I've been given a Mac but they broke down so often that they were swapped for PCs. To be fair, I've also joined a company where I've had a PC that was total crap too and had to be replaced after a year - but was because Sony Vaios are bollocks.

However, it's nonsense to say that there are no ex Mac users out there, I know a few who have had unhappy experiences with them.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Great, no... very good at certain functions/uses, most definitely.... sadly though too many people think that they are essential for all users, people i work with moan on about wanting Macs or Macbooks for home, despite admitting their only use is internet, emails and storing photos. Surely is about choosing the right equipment for what you want, rather than jumping on some hyped band wagon..

that being said Im not an apple customer and after binning off my old ipod when the battery failed, am unlikely to ever be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here