Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are getting a little carried away with Brezovan

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Just watched the Soton Player and apart from one cracking save... he really does look unsure. The commentators, albeit Red and White, suggested that more shots should be rattled at him as he fumbles so much. We still need a decent goalie!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
We do still need a better goalie, however those highlights don't show Brez making numerous catches which Ankers would not have taken, as to show those on highlights would just be plain boring.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If we could combine the respective capabilities of Brez and Casper we'd have a great keeper ... Brez is very commanding but there was a cross from the left in first half very low down and feck knows what Brez was trying to do with it

The double save was brilliant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brez had to step in for a very high profile game and could also be forgiven for having his mind elsewhere as his wife is overdue with their first child. I thought he did well yesterday under the circumstances.
I agree we need a new keeper in the summer but Brezo and Casper are fine for this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I counted at least three catches that would have been punches if Ankergren had been playing. I didn't expect Brez to get another game after the Tottenham game but I'd rather him that Ankergren at the moment. That was the least nervous I have felt at set pieces around our box for a while.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Getting carried away? No way.

There are clearly some anti-brezovan people around having to temper their lack of support (apparently he made a few howlers, which I don't really remember - rustiness? yes. fortunately or ultimately inconsequential mistakes? yes. howlers? absolutely not). Even those who are praising him for his positive contribution, his catches, the great double save, the clean sheet, good distribution (bar one kick that at least one poster felt the need to highlight), still suggest we need a new keeper in the long term if we want to move forward.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Brez had a good game, in fact he had a very good game and deserves to keep his place in the side. That said, I don't think he is up to this level. It was just his day yesterday and well played to him.

Dec 29, 2011
Don't rate the guy at all. Looks like a good shot stopped from what I saw, but shaky and flapped at a lot of crosses & shots. The first half I don't think he caught a thing, just punched and flapped them away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the moment he has the jersey. He needs a run of games to boost his confidence at this level.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Don't rate the guy at all. Looks like a good shot stopped from what I saw, but shaky and flapped at a lot of crosses & shots. The first half I don't think he caught a thing, just punched and flapped them away.

really? Dont rate him? That double save was immense! Didnt catch a thing in the first half? Are you really sure about that? I'm four rows from the front in the north and he did catch Aa fair few, admittedly the one he parried away he got lucky on, being no soton player to follow up. You just know casper would have palmed it onto a strikers foot

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
He had a good game, but not that convinced. He was poor in the cup games last year, and utterly dreadful v spurs. More than happy to give him a chance mind, but not going along with this hype as a lot on here will be the first to knock him down again when a mistake comes along.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As good as the double save was he very nearly ruined it with a weak double fisted punch straight onto one of their players heads but thankfully a defender on the line blocked it.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Just a further thought - don't they (SFC) have a clown as their back up keeper. Saw him on telly a few weeks ago completely mistimed one catch and let another go through his legs so Saints are a fine team to talk about keepers!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
He looked pretty solid with all the crosses I saw apart from one when he decided to double punch it away, but then again I hate the recent trend of keepers punching more rather than trying to catch. I think they are just as likely to miss-hit a punch as they are to fumble a catch.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Sorry don't rate him, 1st half flapped or didn't come for at least 3 crosses, 2nd missed at least 1 and nowhere when they missed an open goal also kicked the ball out when under no pressure.Also his down field kicking was poor.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well he looked as good as Davis in the other goal. The two things that have cost us dear are crosses and reactionary saves and these are his two strong areas. For that we have to put up with a few wayward kicks and the odd unconvincing punch but if he had no weaknesses he would not be a championship keeper.

Like someone else said combine our two stoppers and you have a top class keeper

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree that Brez had a good game, the one place I would't look for an unbiased opinion would be anywhere on the SFC website.

Here's an unbiased opinion from the North stand. He looked nervous, had no communication with defence and I shat myself on every back pass and cross as he doesn't know whether to come or go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here