Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Crystal Palace the new Brighton?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They’re certainly trying to copy some of our model… but they aren’t getting youngsters in and developing them like we did - it’s alway splurge money for instant ‘success’ as everyone knows.

Everyone? :lolol:

One of our old academy graduates is opening our world class academy centre on Thursday in front of the worlds press. Maybe we might be able to follow your model soon :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is something very wrong about this thread title. You've made me feel quite unwell [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

I don't think so.

I'd agree if I'd written it the other way round, but we're NEVER going to be the new them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having a stand like this - check

(Presumably it's nearly finished - does anyone have a status update?)

Crystal-Palace-Selhurst-Park-redevelopment_Pitch-View-Main-Stand-1024x683.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

(Presumably it's nearly finished - does anyone have a status update?)

View attachment 141523

Nearly done - I saw it the other day. Although my mate reckoned it was a refurb on the Sainsbury’s?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everyone? :lolol:

One of our old academy graduates is opening our world class academy centre on Thursday in front of the worlds press. Maybe we might be able to follow your model soon :rolleyes:

Inevesting in youth (finally) - check

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Inevesting in youth (finally) - check

Not sure some bloke cutting a ribbon of a building bought with tax payers and st John’s ambulance money in front of a local Croydon advertiser photographer counts as investing in youth though?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are doing things well, they clearly have a lot more football knowledge within the club than a number of other PL clubs. However - unlike Brighton - I think they would struggle on and off the pitch if they get relegated.

Regarding Vieira... he probably know what he is doing. Wont be around for long though, he is never going to say no to Arsenal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

(Presumably it's nearly finished - does anyone have a status update

The last I heard was "work.due to start late 2018".

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's irritating they are playing well but amusing they can't get wins on the board.
I'm hoping Viera is flattering to deceive at the moment and that he gets found out when we get closer to the business end of the season. To often Palace get shot of a dud manager nice and early giving themselves plenty of time to move clear of trouble. Hopefully PV's 'expansive' football will entertain them just enough for them to keep him on and then have things unravel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here