Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are big-spending Brighton onto something special?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man United fans thinking we're their bogey team.

Just like Man City are ours. We're just better than United.
The recent run - winning FIVE of the last six PL games - is a bit of a statistical anomaly, tbh. We have deserved to win most of those games - but we are not 'better' than them to that extent.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
We’ve never finished above them in the league (unless my memory is failing me) so it’s difficult to claim that we are the better than them.
(In a small voice if we exclude the last game of last season because RDZ left/sacked and our players had the motivation of a slug drinking itself to death in a cup of ale) we have won the last 5 matches against them so arguably we are better than them.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
As I see it, Brighton are one of maybe five clubs (the others being City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) where there's 20+ "I could see that lad winning the PL one day"-players.

That is certainly a very interesting position. Even if two or three of the best talents would move next summer, we could still be in a position to challenge for Champions League qualification (not this season though, we're going to have bad runs with this young squad).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(In a small voice if we exclude the last game of last season because RDZ left/sacked and our players had the motivation of a slug drinking itself to death in a cup of ale) we have won the last 5 matches against them so arguably we are better than them.
It would be quite a stretch to omit that game from the record, but still include the one where we walked through Ralf Rangick's disinterested side at will, destroyed them 4-0, and Ronaldo stood there on the halfway line, laughing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The recent run - winning FIVE of the last six PL games - is a bit of a statistical anomaly, tbh. We have deserved to win most of those games - but we are not 'better' than them to that extent.
Please don't spoil my fun

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We probably deserved to at least draw the one we lost, and in the season before that run started, suffered one ridiculous loss in the penalty after full time, hit the post 5 times, how is that not a pen on Connolly match.

I reckon we've got the wood on them, but I take the point of the fella saying we've not finished above them. We have an excellent chance to do so this year

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
It would be quite a stretch to omit that game from the record, but still include the one where we walked through Ralf Rangick's disinterested side at will, destroyed them 4-0, and Ronaldo stood there on the halfway line, laughing.
Feel free to say the ralf one in a small voice as well 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here