Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season in your opinion

Are Albion genuinely in danger of being in a relegation battle next season

• Total voters

Pretty much everyone except the top 8 clubs (of which we are obviously not one despite the RDZ high) has to fear this. And we certainly have to fear it a bit more than of late, senior players ageing and showing fraility, younger players may not be as good as others we've had or develop too slowly, new manager always a risk, the recruitment department success rate going down a bit.

We do need a bit of good news on some or all these things

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I worry excessively about a lot of things. The Albion in a relegation battle? Er, no, not at all. At all. A relegation battle can be just as exciting as a promotion chase and we've had many more of them in my watching history. Besides it's "my" club but it's not my money, as a long as we don't go bust I'll keep watching whatever.
The problem is we don’t don’t have a team built to win a relegation battle like before. If the wheels start falling off how do you turn it round?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Although I’m not overly concerned I’ll take a little bit of the 16/1 on offer as insurance
(Man City’s odds are interesting considering they remain favourites to win the title)
IMG_4178.jpeg

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Yes - if we appoint steve cooper.

I am hoping to be wrong. I have been before. I thought moyes wasa terrible appointment for west ham & I also said Harry Kane wouldn't make it big.

Dm for any tips

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No - I don't see a side with

Bart Verbruggen
Lewis Dunk
Jan Paul Van Hecke
Valentin Barco
Billy Gilmour
Solly March
Kaoru Mitoma
Julio Enciso
and Joao Pedro

being anywhere near a relegation battle. With the right players around that core, that's a Top 10 side.
Ten? That’s top 6 and if Ferguson fires again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You are aware that we picked up just 18 points in the 2nd half the season?
I am very aware, that said we had horrendous injuries, the Europa Cup impact and a Coach with a focus split between his next step and us.

Given the three clubs coming up, Forest, Everton & Palace after losing their top players we’ll do very well, Top 10 finish with Potter at the helm.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Some huge over-emphasis here of our second half season performance imo. Injuries aside I think RDZ himself was a huge part of the problem after Xmas. Continually talked us down, constantly talked us into being "tired", and more importantly completely refused to adapt to the squad we had available and we still went gung-ho when we clearly didn't have the team for it. If he had made us even slightly harder to beat I'm confident we'd have picked up plenty more points and ultimately it's one of the reasons I wasn't that upset he left. Yes, if everything goes wrong we might end up in trouble, but we'd have to be really bad to be worse than the three promoted sides and those that were skirting relegation last season. I think TB wants us nearer the top again and I'd be surprised if we don't make some very good signings this time around.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At this moment, I think we're a bottom 6 club.

Obviously there are huge decisions to be made this summer which will dictate the course of the season.

The board need to appoint a new manager and fill gaps in the squad.
My worry is that we're on a downward trajectory and we've had two poor transfer windows in a row. A manager appointment that doesn't work and some bad signings will put us in trouble.

That's not being a moaner, I think it's a realistic assessment. Maybe they'll pull another rabbit out the hat, time will tell, we'll know by about November.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Ive voted "No, trust TB" and I think that is probably correct. Unless we have some kind of fire sale, our first team will be fit again and that teamis very good. Thats not to say we are too good to go down, if we start -or rather if the club starts- to think that we are doomed. I just think that a 90% fit squad, with a decent manager will comfortably stay in the division

If the managerial appointment isn't that good we could find ourselves dropping back and the year after next could be a bit worrying, as players wouldnt necessarily stay, new ones may think twice, but I dont see that happening. TB has only made one bad managerial appointment with Sami, and whilst I wish the appointment was already done and dusted , I cant see hm screwing it up.

It will probably take a couple of seasons of slow decline before we are in danger of going down, and hopefully that isnt on the cards any time soon

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you check the assist numbers every player with equal or just above numbers are all £50m players. Replacing Gross is almost impossible without a huge investment and we are going to lose 20 team goals without him.
Which is a worry.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
If you check the assist numbers every player with equal or just above numbers are all £50m players. Replacing Gross is almost impossible without a huge investment and we are going to lose 20 team goals without him.
Which is a worry.
I just don’t see any chance that Gross is leaving. As has been previously stated he would have almost certainly said he wanted out before the end of last season so he could have a send off if he wanted to go.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I just don’t see any chance that Gross is leaving. As has been previously stated he would have almost certainly said he wanted out before the end of last season so he could have a send off if he wanted to go.
Let’s hope so although he is Frankfurt’s top target so will probably get offered a reasonably long deal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think any team outside the 'rich eight ' could struggle and once that happens teams seem to implode. I trust in Bloom to get the right players & manager in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here