Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arch Watch

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Here we go. Looks like middle first!

They could be lifting it out of the way so that huge crane can get out to lift the first section? It looks pretty hemmed in there as if some female driver parked the bits of arch just like they do with their cars at Tescos...:lolol:

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
borat.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Here we go. Looks like middle first!

Why would it be assembled in a different order to the first one?

Surely they will assemble one end first, as that gets bolted onto the dogs head (or whatever). The middle bit just attaches to the to end bits, so to put the middle bit up first wouldn't seem to make much sense.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why would it be assembled in a different order to the first one?

Surely they will assemble one end first, as that gets bolted onto the dogs head (or whatever). The middle bit just attaches to the to end bits, so to put the middle bit up first wouldn't seem to make much sense.

I've no idea but it's the middle one being picked up first. Perhaps they are just moving it as has been suggested

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
New hook on a lorry Alert

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are they ever going to move it? I feel like I'm growing old.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
That saw is still in position:shrug: eh ev eh!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If I remember correctly they didn't lift any of the East Stand arch sections until quite late in the day, so despite the frustrating wait it should still happen today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm bored rigid of watching cranes, and seeing people's photos of lumps of concrete.

There, I've said it.

Call me when its built.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
ah what the hell, Im probably going to end up looking at videos and pictures of other upcoming football stadiums and comparing them to Falmer.

whoop de effing do here we go again Chesterfield with your 10,000 seater ground with the 'capability of hosting international matches'... not to mention the great sperm of southend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here