Arcade machines that have swallowed too much of your cash

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
legends-phoenix1.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
When I used to work at Gatwick Airport, I recall spending most lunchtimes in the arcade playing Time Crisis 2, quality game.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
When I used to work at Gatwick Airport, I recall spending most lunchtimes in the arcade playing Time Crisis 2, quality game.

I know that feeling all too well. The worst part would be innocently walking through the terminal to get a sandwich from Boots or whatever, then just hearing the beckoning call of these machines just BEGGING you to piss up your wages shooting bad guys.

Some great examples so far. I'd forgotten that Simpsons machine you could play 4 player, I bled silver coinage into that thing

simpsons.gif

Interesting a lot of the more recent popular titles banded about are Sega games that were ported onto their now defunct Dreamcast console: Sega Rally, House of the Dead, Virtua Tennis, Daytona etc.

It's criminal how forgotten this machine is, although I hear it's making somewhat of a comeback now.

Anyone else ever had a Crazy Taxi addiction?

screenshot_63501_thumb300.jpg

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Marble Madness, Pac Land, Line Up and track and field with the joystick not the buttons though you had to have a big f off blister in the ball of your hand to prove your addiction

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Marble Madness, Pac Land, Line Up and track and field with the joystick not the buttons though you had to have a big f off blister in the ball of your hand to prove your addiction

true story

try finding a spectrum owner with Daly Thomsons Olympic Challenge and working O and P buttons

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I put forward The Virtua Tennis series

Which you can play in arcade quality right in your own home!

Check out http://DreamcastON.com/ you can pick up these machines really cheap now and eBay have loads of old Dreamcast games going for next to nothing. There are several Virtua Tennis listings at 99p and this is the EXACT same game as you'll have played in the arcade

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Which you can play in arcade quality right in your own home!

Check out http://DreamcastON.com/ you can pick up these machines really cheap now and eBay have loads of old Dreamcast games going for next to nothing. There are several Virtua Tennis listings at 99p and this is the EXACT same game as you'll have played in the arcade

You can get it for play station as well, but still not the same!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
That's because the PlayStation version is just a copy. The Dreamcast version is a direct arcade port!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here