Apprentice winner sues lord sugar

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Go Stella

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TBH, the whole concept is flawed, there is no real executive job going in reality. It's just a prize/wage of £100 grand to work "somewhere" in his organisation. If he really needed an exec on that whack, the old boys network or headhunters would provide one for him, but, he would be without the wad he gets for his "show".

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
She left several fairly pissed off people behind on our trading floor, for two reasons. Firstly, she was shunning people during her 15 minutes of fame. Secondly, she banged on and on about being the only woman on the floor and handling a male dominated environment, which really was utter horseshit.

Those poor sensitive traders how did they cope?

Xx

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Some guy who went to my old school took part in one of the older series. Pretentious as hell, and got booted out in the first round - pricing lobsters at £5 each I recall.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It's his vanity project isn't it. The whole thing is about getting himself on TV.

I do feel a bit sorry for the contestants, most of the winners have said that you don't really get a proper job at the end of it. Regardless of whether you liked them or not, that really isn't on is it.

That said, they should all be intelligent enough to know that your just a pawn in sugar's game.

To be fair they're all pretty incompetent. The sole reason for being kept on the program is that they make good TV, which for the most part comes from making twats of themselves.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have to laugh when they claim to be the "Project Manager" for the day.

I'm a PM with PRINCE2 Practitioner and a member of the Project Management Institute and have held their Project Management Professional certification for over 10 years.

These cocky wannabe oiks dive in - no risk planning, no proper work breakdown structure and invariably its their cost management that fcuks en up coz they can all open their gobs to sell shit but cant do basic maths.

Project Manager, you're 'avin' a laugh!

Still, sells air-time I guess .....

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I have to laugh when they claim to be the "Project Manager" for the day.

I'm a PM with PRINCE2 Practitioner and a member of the Project Management Institute and have held their Project Management Professional certification for over 10 years.

These cocky wannabe oiks dive in - no risk planning, no proper work breakdown structure and invariably its their cost management that fcuks en up coz they can all open their gobs to sell shit but cant do basic maths.

Project Manager, you're 'avin' a laugh!

Still, sells air-time I guess .....

Sorry to chime in, but what does all that actually mean, PRINCE2 etc etc

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An insult, I think I first saw [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] use it on another thread a while back.

I watch too many gangster flicks. I can also highly recommend calling someone a FRINGE.

"I have openly acknowledged he may well have drawn early inspiration from Velazquez and Delacroix, and will concede that there are even hints of Manet in some of his later work. But the conclusion of your thesis, that ultimately Picasso was less influential than Cezanne, is poorly conceived and deeply flawed. Honestly, do me a lemon Cornelius you absolute FRINGE".

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
PRojects In Controlled Environments. It's a further qualification that can be done.

Im always dubious of project/business managers, if they were so bloody good at it they would be doing it for themselves.
Most business qualifications involve people who have never run a business, teaching other people who will never run a business how to erm run a business.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's a qualification that project managers can do to make it look like they do a skilled job, when really they just do common sense things like organise stuff and fill in spreadsheets.

As someone that has done the job for years, that is very True. PRINCE2 talks about Exception reports, Product Breakdown Structures and critical paths. What that really means is telling your boss it's f***ed, working out what you need to do to make something happen and what is going to bite you in the arse if you don't look after it. You'd be amazed at how many people are shit at it though. I once had a PM working for me who couldn't get a meeting room organised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here