Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple - What makes them better?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The trouble with Unix is that there are so many variations, that and the fact that much of the code was written by nerdy American college students.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Theres no difference between the two in computing terms though. It doesn't matter if you're crunching numbers in a spreadsheet or doing a lot of graphics manipulation its all number crunching to the computer. Get a fast processor and a decent chunk of memory and they'll both do the job. Both machines are equally capable.

Agreed but it wasn't really processing speed I was talking about - personally I think graphics manipulation/storage is better on the Mac...probably a software thing....excel runs just as well on either - although to get the same processing speed you'll pay more for a mac..

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Agreed but it wasn't really processing speed I was talking about - personally I think graphics manipulation/storage is better on the Mac...probably a software thing....excel runs just as well on either - although to get the same processing speed you'll pay more for a mac..

Manipulation - Mac's have OLDER versions of the same programmes as Windows.
Storage - HFS+ is an outdated and slow file system compared NTFS5 in Windows

Excel - Old version, again. New version won't support VBA macros anymore, meaning that most complicated sheets won't open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here