Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple must be making a killing....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Once I waded my way through your grammar @clapham_gull , I totally agree with you, this seasons must have fashion accessory.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have:
iMac
MacBook Pro
iPad
iPhone 4
My daughter also has an iPod shuffle

My son has and HTC Wildfire and has had no end of problems with it.

Yes Apple products are more expensive than other brands that do similar things but cost less, but a BMW or Mercedes does the same thing as a less expensive Ford or Vauxhall. You are paying for the quality of product. The Apple products will have a better resale value than a Samsung or a HTC the same as a Beemer will have a better resale value than a Ford.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I've got an iPod, iPad and iMac
Wife has one of those tiny iPods
Son is on his 3rd iPod (still got the other 2 and an old iPhone)
Daughter is on her 2nd iPod, has a MacBookPro and is getting an iPhone for Christmas.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Iphone 4, Ipod Classic, Macbook pro... yeh they rob me :)

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
iMac 24"
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPad 2
Apple TV
Apple Airport Express
iPod Nano X 3 (varying generations)
iPod Mini

But then I work at B&W so its part of my job to have Apple everything! Love it as well :)

You work at b&w?? I got the p5's which are amazing!! Also have the old zep and the new zep air. The former is brilliant, the latter is amazing!! Got a pair of 800's as well. What other amazing things are you guys working on!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You work at b&w?? I got the p5's which are amazing!! Also have the old zep and the new zep air. The former is brilliant, the latter is amazing!! Got a pair of 800's as well. What other amazing things are you guys working on!!

Any recommendations for the best speakers, including amp if necessary, for an iMac? Budget irrelevant.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Had an original iPod (still have it but it's broken), original white Nano, black aluminium S2 nano, S4 Classic (which I won after doing the coca cola iTunes competition) original Touch and a 2009 iMac. Wife and I have iPhone 3GS, I also have a Samsung galaxy. I concur with previous posters, the android is rubbish compared to iPhone from an operational point of view, and battery point of view.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Any recommendations for the best speakers, including amp if necessary, for an iMac? Budget irrelevant.

Thats uncanny as I need a decent set up for mine at work! I havent investigated but being a B&W fan (or fanboy as my son would say) the MM1's are supposed to be good but I hear some reports of over heating....

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
None at all, but I have a Blackberry and two Android devices so I assume they get some kind of money out of me as they own patents for a lot of stuff.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
FAIL.!!! The Mac OS X kernel is open sourced and called Darwin. The GUI and everything else that sits on top of Darwin is proprietary.

Did you read my post, you've just reiterated what I wrote originally.

Like I said the mac os unix kernel is open source but they lock it down, did you read my post!? of course their GUI and their horrible applications are proprietary, but the fact is the user has NO choice.

"don't let the users benefit from the joys of open source and instead charge them through the nose for their closed system software" whilst all the time it runs on a unix based kernel

Can't you see the irony?

If you can't then you should make a direct comparison between Mac OS and Android

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did you read my post, you've just reiterated what I wrote originally.

Like I said the mac os unix kernel is open source but they lock it down, did you read my post!? of course their GUI and their horrible applications are proprietary, but the fact is the user has NO choice.

"don't let the users benefit from the joys of open source and instead charge them through the nose for their closed system software" whilst all the time it runs on a unix based kernel

Can't you see the irony?

If you can't then you should make a direct comparison between Mac OS and Android

Regarding what you say about choice, I'm puzzled. As the hardware manufacturer, why should Apple not be entitled to choose which system runs on their hardware? A bit like if someone opens a restaurant, they get to choose what the menu looks like.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
1. Macbook pro 13" mid 2009 model
2. Macbook pro 17" 2011 model
3. iPad 1
4. 3x iPod touch 2nd gen
5. iPod touch 4th gen
6. Apple TV 1st gen
7. Time capsule 2Gb
8. Magic mouse & trackpad
Along with hundreds of pounds worth of apple software. And a 4S on order.
And you wonder why Apple had billions in reserve!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here