Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple must be making a killing....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1 iPod Classic is all I have that I bought.
Used to have a work iPhone 3G.

I've also got 1 iPod Nano that my gf gave me because she didn't use it, she on the other hand has:
1 iPod Touch
1 iPod Shuffle
1 iPad
1 Mac Mini
1 Macbook
1 iPhone 4

Covering all my Apple needs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In our house:

iMac
iPad
iPod Touch
iPhones (3)

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Certain words get auto-affiliated. When clicks happen and purchases are made, NSC earns a few pennies to drop into the hosting piggy bank.

ok so the idea is that I do that, you make a few quid and then you send me infractions for calling simster a minge?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ok so the idea is that I do that, you make a few quid and then you send me infractions for calling simster a minge?

To get my attention you need to put @ before my name - like this:

[MENTION=17250]ILIKECANDLES[/MENTION] is an attention seeking kiddie-fiddler.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To get my attention you need to put @ before my name - like this:

[MENTION=17250]ILIKECANDLES[/MENTION] is an attention seeking kiddie-fiddler.

Chuckles aside chums, can we stop this before it deteriorates please

xx

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I had an old ipod with a hard drive when they were fairly new, probably about 10 years ago now, put it in a see through case, that was pretty cool.

Had an iphone but would never buy one again, could barely use it without a jail break it just used to piss me off.

I have always built my own desktop computers. If I had a mac laptop the first thing I would do would be to put something unix like ubuntu on it.

Hate they way they lock down their file system and take power from the user.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
But still...

iPhone 4S from £499
iPhone 4 from £429
iPhone 3GS from £319
MacBook Air from £849
MacBook Pro from £999
iPad 2 from £399
iMac from £999
Mac Pro from £2041

Mental. Just mental.

The proof of the quality and desirability of these prodcuts is to check out ebay and see what the prices are for second hand ones. They hold up remarkably well...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hate they way they lock down their file system and take power from the user.

Agreed, as I said earlier if you don't want control of your Apple products then you'll love to own them. Personally find them terribly restrictive and a lot of people own Apple products without even realising why.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd love an iPad 2, and would certainly consider an iPhone, but they cost a fortune.

They don't though.

iPad: All of the big manufacturers, like Motorola and Samsung, who have tried it on with Android tablets have struggled to match Apple's iPad pricing. Pricing which genuinely shocked most industry observers when announced. Some of those tablets have become cheaper post-launch as they've struggled to sell in any kind of volume.

iPhone: When I looked the other day the iPhone rival Samsung Galaxy S2 was not far shy of £400 if you wanted to buy SIM free, the iPhone 4S starts at £499. The iPhone 4, which is nearly every bit as good, is £429.

And the thing with Apple kit is it holds it's value like nothing else. Compare the resale value on an iPhone a year from now compared to that Galaxy S2 - I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't more than made up for the purchase price differential.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed, as I said earlier if you don't want control of your Apple products then you'll love to own them. Personally find them terribly restrictive and a lot of people own Apple products without even realising why.

What can't I do on my MacBook Pro and Mac Mini that I might want to do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here