Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Applauding the away fans

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don't see any harm in clapping, they are discontent with their owners, they're teams doing poorly and regardless of distance this close to Xmas it'd be an avoidable outlay for some.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
...I was talking about the FANS when the ball went in to the stand! Especially the kn*b that ran all the way down to get the ball from the front, only to throw it backwards to the rest of the Charlton fans!

As the train from Hastings came originally from Kent, there were quite a few on board and as I have always found, very reasonable lot - better than other South London alternatives! One told me yesterday before the match of their new 18 year-old discovery, Lookman who scored that first goal. Might be worth our recruitment team having a look -no pun intended!
I was surprised, having said that, that the stewards did not make any attempt to throw out that character, who was easily identifiable. IT left a bitter taste.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
C'mom guys give them some respect. They're struggling at the bottom of the table and they still travel to support their team...granted not in the mass numbers of other London clubs.
Let's not forget the support they gave for Fans United day at the Goldstone Ground all those years ago. We have a close affinity with the CAFC and they certainly don't deserve to be booed.

I've got nothing against Charlton and most of their fans seem pretty regular people, but it annoyed me today when a) they were abusing the SW corner (mainly children) after they scored b) not throwing the ball back every time it went in their end c) singing stuff to abuse us instead of supporting their team d) their players time wasting from 10 mins onwards and falling down all over the place e) their "firm" in the station queue afterwards trying to be scary but failing. Other than that I've got no problem with 'em.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's right, far better to be giving some racial abuse on the Paris metro :wanker:
Can you let me know where Ive suggested abusing away fans ? Thats right I havent, but you carry on campaigning for a more sterile, sanitised ''matchday experience'' if it makes you feel better.

Announcer - ' the attendance today is 24 thousand and blah blah blah including x,xxx visiting supporters'. Cue applause. Just one round of applause .How do you know if, and how many are applauding the away fans?

Well, around me in WSU when the Away attendance is announced a fair few stand, face the South stand and give it the hands above head clappy thing, so I think it fair to assume they are.

Well, around me in WSU when the Away attendance is announced a fair few stand, face the South stand and give it the hands above head clappy thing, so I think it fair to assume they are.

When i inhabited the esu(south end) we would throw petals over the away supporters and clap as they floated down! When i say we i mean i made my boys help me:moo:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And the away fans at first look bemused , then laugh at them H, i can see them from my seat , plums .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very poor effort from Charlton given geographically where they are, still Charlotte from work came to the game, a Charlton STH the text she sent post match clearly indicated she was not a happy bunny.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Can you let me know where Ive suggested abusing away fans ? Thats right I havent, but you carry on campaigning for a more sterile, sanitised ''matchday experience'' if it makes you feel better.

In answer to your rhetorical question, no I cannot. My reply was designed to: a) Ridicule your tired suggestion that the fundamental descriptor of football - the most popular sport in the world - is "tribal". And to: b) Make a connection between the behavior of some of the fans of the club you support and your own bigoted witterings.

Oh, and it gave me the opportunity to employ the w%#ker emoji, which is a rare treat :tosser:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And the protests? That must have put the fear of God into their owners. Now the whole country understands their cause.

"Ooh Brighton, you know how to do a proper protest can you help us?"

No f..k off and get relegated.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
In answer to your rhetorical question, no I cannot. My reply was designed to: a) Ridicule your tired suggestion that the fundamental descriptor of football - the most popular sport in the world - is "tribal". And to: b) Make a connection between the behavior of some of the fans of the club you support and your own bigoted witterings.

Oh, and it gave me the opportunity to employ the w%#ker emoji, which is a rare treat :tosser:
Behaviour you illiterate fool.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Because you're too gutless to do it to anybody in real life ? :lolol:

If football ever becomes anything other than tribal, I for one am out.

Jan 30, 2008
Very poor effort from Charlton given geographically where they are, still Charlotte from work came to t2he game, a Charlton STH the text she sent post match clearly indicated she was not a happy bunny.
could you have popped around and cheered her up:whistle:
regards
DR

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
???lots of blue seats on show
regards
DR

Here's an idea.

16,648 posts, say a minute per post. If you used that time earning money at minimum wage - assuming you are over 21 - you'd have £1,800+ to spend on actually going to matches.

You'd get to find out for yourself what the team/crowd are like at the Amex. And we wouldn't have to put up with your unpleasant drivel.

Simples.

PG

Jan 30, 2008
Here's an idea.

16,648 posts, say a minute per post. If you used that time earning money at minimum wage - assuming you are over 21 - you'd have £1,800+ to spend on actually going to matches.

You'd get to find out for yourself what the team/crowd are like at the Amex. And we wouldn't have to put up with your unpleasant drivel.

Simples.

PG
well that was a load of drivel , thanks for taking your time out to post , clearly haven't got a clue about me:facepalm:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here