Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appeal to pull together if Sami stays...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I do not mind supporting the team. However unless he wins at Wolves and we are winning early on against reading i can see nothing but anger in the stadium that he is still here.
I would add i will support the team for the 90 minutes. Would not want to hear any pro Hyypia chanting mind. At the end of the game if needs be i will make my feelings known.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah I agree, but can't see it happening. I'm starting to think we might need to keep some our 9 and 10 years olds apart in the Family Stand on Boxing day…..it could get all out of hand in there too…..

My eight year old asks me at least three times a week "why haven't we sacked Sami yet?" and he's definitely in the "out" camp. I'd like to think I haven't influenced this but I might have. However in his relatively small football world of Sky Sports News and FIFA 15 bad managers get sacked and a bad manager is defined as one not getting results.

Luckily he's not going to fight with the [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] massive on Boxing Day as a) they're not going and b) Daddy Scoffers also wants to bin the Finn. However, I am genuinely worried that if we lose to Wolves and Sami is still around the atmosphere is going to be terrible. 14,000 in the ground and the same in fighting as Millwall. It's not exactly an appealing thought with a hangover.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My eight year old asks me at least three times a week "why haven't we sacked Sami yet?" and he's definitely in the "out" camp. I'd like to think I haven't influenced this but I might have. However in his relatively small football world of Sky Sports News and FIFA 15 bad managers get sacked and a bad manager is defined as one not getting results.

Luckily he's not going to fight with the [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] massive on Boxing Day as a) they're not going and b) Daddy Scoffers also wants to bin the Finn. However, I am genuinely worried that if we lose to Wolves and Sami is still around the atmosphere is going to be terrible. 14,000 in the ground and the same in fighting as Millwall. It's not exactly an appealing thought with a hangover.

The ground will be filled on Boxing Day regardless as people want to get out of their houses and away from the rubbish telly for the afternoon. However, it could be a rather negative attitude especially since we are playing Reading who feel in a similar way to Nigel Adkins. Personally I will go and support the team because we badly need some results on the pitch irregardless of whose manager.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The ground will be filled on Boxing Day regardless as people want to get out of their houses and away from the rubbish telly for the afternoon. However, it could be a rather negative attitude especially since we are playing Reading who feel in a similar way to Nigel Adkins. Personally I will go and support the team because we badly need some results on the pitch irregardless of whose manager.

I'm definitely going and I'd definitely still go if we got relegated. I'm just not looking forward to it. There's obviously a tradition of big crowds on Boxing Day but are people really going to want to watch a third bottom side when there's limited, expensive parking and no Coastway West trains? It will be interesting!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Much as I shall not be booing in any shape or form, nor shall I be holding any banners but I firmly believe that if the current management team remain in situ then we shall be relegated.
Love to be proved wrong.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As a season ticket holder the thought of boycotting games is like going to a restaurant, paying for your meal and sneaking out without eating it!
Also, as you get older, you relish the chance to be grumpy without some miserable scrote telling you to cheer up:annoyed::glare:

Sorry to be That Guy but wouldn't a 'miserable scrote' be joining you in your grump?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I am a long standing loyal fan and will usually defend the club to the hilt but if Sammi is in charge for Reading - I'm out!! It's not specifically a protest just I can't stomach any more shit football!!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I agree with you but I fear you are in for a torrent of abuse.

I think that we may have reached a tipping point as the big 11am announcement didn't happen.
Bloom has signalled that Sami being sacked is not going to happen and has said that he is going to back him with more transfer funds. Up at Wolves there will be less pressure on the team without thousands of 'home' supporters screaming abuse at them. I genuinely think that they will get a result and that will lead to the 'Boo' lobby slipping away for the Reading game. Of course, there will be a few that will keep it up for months but if we win more than we lose then there will be fewer each home game and we will achieve relative safety.

I agree with the O/P not backing Sami and the team on matchday can only make things worse.

I think the chances of beating Wolves are about as slim as they can get.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
From being a homeless club we've moved to being a clueless club in very short order.

Not sure I'll be doing the 9+ hours on the train to watch rubbish very often.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Have to agree with the original post here... The Albion has been a part of my life for longer than I care to remember, I was loving the club before I loved my wife and it always will be a part of me.
We have all experienced good and bad times that is why is a sport , not rehearsed entertainment.
At the moment things are bad , the management are not doing a good job, I would like to see Sami go, the executives seem out of touch - but talk of abandoning the club we love just because of temporary poor performances is frankly disloyal

Dec 15, 2014
Here
boxing-day-content-page-image.jpg

Better donate now!!!

http://www.league.org.uk/how-to-donate/appeal-to-protect-animals-on-boxing-day

I've heard Seagull fans were added to the list this year.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Meade will be there in reasonable spirits. Should be fun. I'm not bereft of hope and faith because of poor form and don't seem to dread it as some others dramatically do. Even if I thought we were likely to lose this game, I wouldn't fail to attend. Guaranteed victories aren't why I'm there. Nor is the wish to endlessly sneer. I like some of our play, in spite of its lack of end result, so I won't jeer continuously just because it's not precisely how I want it to be.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
All the time he is there I will not make much effort to go to games and will not spend another penny at the club. Shame because I was going to get the nipper some Christmas presents from the shop, but will not bother now.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Clearly not too many Sami fans left and 95% of fans want him out. After Friday, myself included

Fustrating as it is, but if TB wants to stick with him everyone needs to pull together and get behind the team.

Boo'ing, threat of boycotts etc will do nothing but harm the cause

That's all...

Let's imagine....after getting dogs abuse similar to last Fridays, Semi goes, we appoint a new manager who fails to prevent relegation, then it dawns on everyone, not just those of us who can see it now, that the seven guys recruited in the summer are cack, also, not acting sooner to tie Upson and Ward into deals, and allowing Kuszak to go was responsible for our position.

Will those writing Albion's history look back and acknowledge Sami was a scapegoat and the behavior of those supporters doling out the insults was wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here