Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apparently we're signing Chris Birchall

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
will be better than playing in America, which is more county league standard, is he any good though?

So, which county league teams around here can boast quality like David Beckham even if he is past his best?

Also, the US season doesn't start till April so we could have him for a few months.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Birchall,_Chris.jpg

Doesn't look very Trinidadian though!! Thought he would be black with dreadlocks!

His mother was born and grew up there, moving to England in her teens.

That's his connection.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The way I see it...

ANY midfielder NOT currently playing for Brighton would struggle to be worse than the p1ss-awful shower currently on our books, with the POSSIBLE exception of Livermore (needs time to prove himself in that position), Cox (can do it, but hans'nt been), and McLeod (always injured but would be good if could stay fit)...

El-Abd is NOT a midfielder...
Virgs is NOT a midfielder...

Fraser is NOT good enough...
Robinson is NOT good enough, as a winger...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm sure this is the guy I watched in the world cup games if so would be a great signing, a very busy player and young.

go get him MA

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
this has been going on for a quite a while now. we've been linked with him the last few transfer windows. a good player though from what i've seen.

but would much rather we keep thornton.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Apparntly he is in Brighton on trial.

Yayness - he was my fave player from the 2006 world cup!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested this on another thread last week when I saw that he had left Carlisle and asked if MA, his old manager would be interested and was told No he is off to USA.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I suggested this on another thread last week when I saw that he had left Carlisle and asked if MA, his old manager would be interested and was told No he is off to USA.

It seems San Jose put in a lucrative offer for him, that is why Carlisle thought he was leaving, but we have taken him on trial as well with a view to a permanent deal. Think the USA thing is still on the cards with it being closer to T and T and all, but Adams could be the clincher for us.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know anything about him but it's good to see we are looking to add height to the team, after Micky blaming our lack of height for one of our losses....

.. Oh:thud:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
same thing I was thinking ... don't get me wrong a fantastic interest but not the answer to any of the questions we are really asking?

what the f*** are you talking about? a decent midfielder is just what we need, f***ing hell some people are never happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here